Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that made you laugh in your game?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

2 consective goalkeeper own goals (1 per match)

Having 2 players sent off and 2 enforce injury changes

Harry rednapp getting the sack from Spurs
    SAF getting the sack from Man U
    Mancini getting the sack from City :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

André Villas-Boas got the sack from Chelsea and took over at Blackburn after Steve Kean got sacked! :eek:

he got sacked in my game and took over at relegated west brom!

but the real funny thing is Chelsea hired Mick McCarthy as manager!

can't really see that working in reality

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

A 29 year old Lucas Leiva has moved to Inter Milan for €40.5m. In fairness his attributes are impressive but for a 29 year old defensive midfielder?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Dempsey wrote: »
    A 29 year old Lucas Leiva has moved to Inter Milan for €40.5m. In fairness his attributes are impressive but for a 29 year old defensive midfielder?

369549_1134917354_1668767175_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

183139.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,231 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

maxrushdenoverviewprofi.png

Soccer AM have a team in the game

Soccer AM have a team in the game
    yeah was just about to say I found it there :eek: bit of a random one, seems to be a good scout too...

Liam O wrote: »
    yeah was just about to say I found it there :eek: bit of a random one, seems to be a good scout too...

Try searching 'faceinthegame'

SI employee's AFAIK

They used to have weird/funny personality types but they removed them because of complaints of not being able to judge a personality properly if one of they actually was a good player.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

The Collyer brothers used to be in it years back, they had great potential as far as I remember. And the Soccer AM badgers were in it 7-8 years back.

• Advertisement

uclfinal.png

UCL final, i have several players off playing the Carling Nations Cup on the same day. Hysterical stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

uclfinal.png

UCL final, i have several players off playing the Carling Nations Cup on the same day. Hysterical stuff!

No shortage of goals in your squad !!

Carlos Tevez plying his trade for Norwich gave me a chuckle in my game...

No shortage of goals in your squad !!

Skewed because of SPL results tbh

See Soroka, he had 30+ goals by November, he's been hot and cold for alot of the season. Still though, only his first season at Celtic and he's broken all sorts of records.

BTW, I won the UCL final, came back from 1-0 down to win 2-1.

Ever have a regen that doesnt have great attributes for the level that he's playing at but always turns up for the big matches and turns matches on their head for ya? Love that!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Ever have a regen that doesnt have great attributes for the level that he's playing at but always turns up for the big matches and turns matches on their head for ya? Love that!

Not just regens but regular players. In FM11 I managed Wolves. Sylvan Ebanks-Blake is below average but scored every single time I played him in my game.

This year, Its a french striker called Yannis Tafer. He has 17 pace and acceleration but apart from that is very average. My assistant Manager rates him at 2 stars but he scored for fun in my last season. Its weird. Some players just perform differently to what they should.

On the flipside, I've also had supposed world beaters we have been complete pants for several seasons for no good reason. I suppose it adds to the realism and excitement.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,915 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

388793_10151003917855307_737165306_21470096_1677199180_n.jpg

How brilliant would that be?!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Don't have screenshots of these but two classic headlines that spring to mind from past games were:

"Derby get Bent"

"Young Boys interested in Koch"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

209779-funny-random-things-fm2012-2011-12-12_00001.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

ASOT wrote: »
    209779-funny-random-things-fm2012-2011-12-12_00001.jpg

Took me ages to spot it, that's amazing!!!

L'prof wrote: »
    Took me ages to spot it, that's amazing!!!

Yeah i should have made it clearer whoops, Fair play to SI as he did/does have a gambling problem IRL which may be a tad controversial!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Darren Gibson has just taken up his first managerial post: as manager of Manchester United.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Darren Gibson has just taken up his first managerial post: as manager of Manchester United.

:eek:
    Pics or GTFO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Alex hands in a transfer request a week after winning the champions league and 2 weeks after winning the premiership. He signed a new contract 4 months earlier and playerd in every premier league game. WTalmightyF:eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Mars Bar wrote: »
    :eek:
    Pics or GTFO!

DarronGibson.jpg

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Jose has a new job. Chelsea :D

State of this regens hair.

2GA9j.png

Hah, epic!

What's the name of that skin by the way? It's lovely.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Hah, epic!

What's the name of that skin by the way? It's lovely.

Here ya go mate - http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=5831

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

ASOT wrote: »
    State of this regens hair.

2GA9j.png

Haha great! And I see he reacted well to a recent manager comment. Admit it, u told him u just loved his hair!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Jose has a new job. Chelsea :D
    That didnt last long, Tony Pulis is now the Chelsea manager a year later. Quite a drop in quality imo.

Advertisement