Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

siamese fighting fish..bubbles

Options
  • 07-04-2010 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

alright need some help again thanks to every one the
    last time that helped me..
    ok so i got theses to betta fish off a friend off mine that was leaven the country awhile ago.. one is male one is female.
    .so they were fine for ages but the last few days
    the male has bein chasing her around the tank and has also
    being building a bubble nest..now i looked it up and every says there
    getten ready to breed with each other...and that the should be seperated
    in different tanks and that...but thats the prob iv only 1 tank..
    now wat would happen if i just left it off the tank is 180 liter so
    its big enough for the female to hide and that from the male..
    anyone no wat to do ...ty in advance:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cocopops123

All you have to do is buy a breeding box for the fish in the pet shop, Its a see through plastic box that floats in the water, you put the female in there, she lays the eggs, they drop down through a grate and stay there and hatch, the reason why they drop down through a grate is so she will not be able to eat them. When she lays the eggs you can leave her go again but leave the babies in their until they are a decent size so they wont be eaten.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭waxer1986

All you have to do is buy a breeding box for the fish in the pet shop, Its a see through plastic box that floats in the water, you put the female in there, she lays the eggs, they drop down through a grate and stay there and hatch, the reason why they drop down through a grate is so she will not be able to eat them. When she lays the eggs you can leave her go again but leave the babies in their until they are a decent size so they wont be eaten.
    do i leave him in the box until that bubble nest thing is made then put her in,,
    ty for the reply:D

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭thebishop

Its not guppies hes trying to breed. You can leave em both in the tank. The male builds a nest , the female lays the eggs in the bubble nest the male does the rest. He guards the nest and looks after the young. Good luck with em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cocopops123

Well thats how I bred all my fish by doing it with the breeding box, It eliminates the chances of the eggs being eaten.

Advertisement