Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

215 Block on the flat U Value

• 07-04-2010 7:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm trying to fill in my Declaration of works form for my HES grant. My 1950's semi has solid block walls. They are 215 blocks on the flat with a dashed exterior and a plaster finish inside. I need the original U Value of this wall type. Can anyone help?
    Also, I just got the house drylined using Xtratherm Thin-R XT/TL. How do I calculate the new U Value of my wall? A 50mm board was used.
    The Xtratherm guide says that the U value when used with a 215 block is 0.36 but I think this may not refer to 215 on the flat.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

Your SEAI registered installer must do this for you . You the grant assisted homeowner are not expected to do this .

But if you wish to do it anyway log onto the Xtratherm website and download their free U Value calculator .

Advertisement