Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picatinny rail

Options
  • 07-04-2010 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭

i Picked up my CZ 550 last week in .270 and have a few bits on the way for it.

At the moment its gone getting the barrel threaded for a mod, I will get the Mod once I get the rifle Back, probably the Ase Jet-z but i'll try on a couple of others first!

I have a Bushnell Yardage Pro Laserscope in the post also which is what this thread is about. the scope has its own mounting system which mounts onto a weaver rail, but the CZ's bases are 19mm.

Was thinking a 1 piece picatinny rail would be nice but parts for CZ seem to be hard to find. Does anybody know where i could get one of these to suit the gun?

Also what the difference between a 20 moa or 10 moa rail?

All Advice welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

patsat wrote: »
    i Picked up my CZ 550 last week in .270 and have a few bits on the way for it.

At the moment its gone getting the barrel threaded for a mod, I will get the Mod once I get the rifle Back, probably the Ase Jet-z but i'll try on a couple of others first!

I have a Bushnell Yardage Pro Laserscope in the post also which is what this thread is about. the scope has its own mounting system which mounts onto a weaver rail, but the CZ's bases are 19mm.

Was thinking a 1 piece picatinny rail would be nice but parts for CZ seem to be hard to find. Does anybody know where i could get one of these to suit the gun?

Also what the difference between a 20 moa or 10 moa rail?

All Advice welcome!

10 MOA is the answer :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The 20MOA will give you 10 MOA more of up for longer ranges. So if 1 click = 1/4" @100y and there are 4 clicks to 1 unit, 1 MOA, on your turrets your getting 40 extra clicks of up on the scope for the 10 MOA and 80 clicks for the 20 MOA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭patsat

thanks clive so would recomend a lower moa for me?i know you are planning on long range target shooting but mine will only be used for the deer!

And since the scope is fairly high any way i wouldn't need anymore. i'm open to correction tho!

I tried the site where you got the rail for your 527 but couldn't find an option for the 550!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I think you would have enough moa already on the scope to get you out to roughly, 500+yds. If not more. Unless you plan to shoot above this distance an moa rail may not be nnecessary.

However if you want one you can try these guys. Don't know if the rail is available in 10 or 20 moa, but its a start. Here is their standard rail. Made to attach to the 19mm dovetail rail and give a picatiny/weaver style top ril for weaver style rings/mounts.

19011.jpg
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

cz usa do one but you may need someone to ship it over for you..
    https://shop.cz-usa.com/item_detail.aspx?ItemCode=19011

EZ... You beat me to it..

Which one dwight,

Great minds think alike................or.................fools seldom differ?:D
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Advertisement

ezridax wrote: »
    Which one dwight,

Great minds think alike................or.................fools seldom differ?:D

Lets just split it down the middle and say a small bit of both;)

Thanks lads for the info!

Basically only want the rail so the scope will fit on the gun and i taut the rail would be a better option than seperate bases.

Basically the extra moa wouldn't bother me i was just wondering would a 20 moa rail have the scope sitting higher on the rifle as opposed to a 10 moa rail?

heres a pic of my 20 moa rail....see how the front of the rail is lower than the rear of the rail
    [IMG][/img]DSCF1134-1-1.jpg

Short answer is yes. The more moa a rail has the higher the REAR of the scope is raised of your rifle, pushing the crosshairs down and forcing you to raise the rifle to meet your target, hence giving you the extra distance.

This happens naturally with a scope. The only advantage an moa rail gives is it takes the moa/clicks, that are required for you to zero your rifle, from your scope leaving you with more (or sometimes all) moa/clicks in your scope for ranging.

Looking at the pic it doesn't look like it would much of a difference to the height of my scope as bases would be equally as high!

20 MOA it is then! Just incase anybody opens a shooting range down my way in the future! Thanks for everything lads i must put up pics once its all set up!

• Advertisement
Advertisement