Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OT in the UK or UL?

Options
  • 07-04-2010 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭

Hi all, i am aiming to pursue Occupational Therapy, I am degree qualified and am applying to the conversion courses MSc OT in the UK.
    I have applied to the course in UL & made it to interview but didn't get placed. I requested feedback and was told i just missed it. I know if i re-apply for 2011 i'll get placement as i know where i fell down and it'll be no problem next year (im 95% certain).
    Anyway, i don't really want to wait till September 2011 for UL and feel I could get placement on a UK course starting this September.
    I want to have a career in Ireland but know that this may be difficult with the current moratorium in the HSE etc. so i may have to apply to the UK for positions anyway (?)
    I feel studying in the English system might lead to quicker employment within the NHS & there I can hope to build up some experience post qualification. Is it fair to assume this?
    Would an English qualification be viewed differently to one from UL in terms of securing employment in Ireland?
    Both English and Irish qualifications are accredited by the appropriate bodies.
    Also i am male, would this improve my employment outlook due to a lack of make OT's?

Any insight, advice or alternative suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭louloubella

Hi Piriz.
    What placements would be beneficial if applying to UL?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sparky12

Hi Piriz
    Just wondering how you got on in the end, did you go for Limerick or the UK, any tips on applying for the UL course....

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭louloubella

Hiya.
    Did you go for the UL interview this year? I did but no word yet. How about you ??

Advertisement