Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rocks for a garden

• 07-04-2010 7:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone here knows where you can get rocks for a garden rockery (i.e. without nicking them off the German Passive Homes estate on the Williamstown Road!). These would need to be around 20-40cm long and I'd need around 200 of them. I'm prepared to pay for them and will collect. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

ring any local quarries around.... and see if they let you pick up rough cuts at a good price....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭Straycat

roadstone retail in grannagh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Tramore beach

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

Thanks, I rang Roadstone and for health and safety reasons, they no longer allow people to pick the stones and they don't pick and sell them themselves.

I did get a number from them for a place in Ballyhale who allow rock picking so I'm calling up there tomorrow to see how it goes. It's called Kiltorcan Quarry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

wellbutty wrote: »
    Thanks, I rang Roadstone and for health and safety reasons, they no longer allow people to pick the stones and they don't pick and sell them themselves.

I suppose I'm a reckless thrill seeker by picking up rocks.

This health and safety thing is just gone nuts. Can't we pass a law saying 'if you do something thick, its your own fault'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

dayshah wrote: »
    I suppose I'm a reckless thrill seeker by picking up rocks.

This health and safety thing is just gone nuts. Can't we pass a law saying 'if you do something thick, its your own fault'
    Ah stop boy, health and safety reasons for picking up rocks, thats fooking going a bit overbored. Havent humans been doing it for millions of years. Next generation of us are going to be some pansies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

my dad built a gorgeous wall out his back garden from rocks he collected out on the beach in Tramore:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

I'm pretty sure its illegal to remove material from our beaches

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Tramore beach
    snuggles09 wrote: »
    my dad built a gorgeous wall out his back garden from rocks he collected out on the beach in Tramore:D

Its very much illegal to remove stones or sand from the beach,
    Prohibited Acts:

- remove any sand, stones, seaweed or soil from the beach, except in accordance with
    legislation and except with the consent of the Council

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

ah well its up about 15 years now..otherswise i would of course make him take it down and put them back;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement