Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First boot probs on new build

Options
  • 07-04-2010 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭

Ok - so i just put all the bits together and tried the first power up.
    When i hit the case power switch, all the fans start to turn (including the cpu fan) for a split second, and then they all stop - after a few seconds, they all start again and it's stuck in this clycle until I turn off the switch on the PSU.

I'm using a P55A-UD3 with an i5 chip - the only power connector I have going to the MB is the 2x12 main power connector. The PSU I got doesn't seem to have the other power connector (the 2x4 12V) - do I have to get an adaptor for this? and where does it connect?

Appreciate any help!!

D.

edit: ok - think I might have it, but want to be sure - so i don't have the 2x4 12V connector, but I do have two 2x2 12V connectors and I think I can use one of these. Looking at the pinmap of the connector is seems to have to go into the top part of the 2x4. It will then have 2 GND lines and 2 12V lines

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Your PSU's EPS connector can split in two for low-power mobos that only need the 4-pin connector. For high-power mobos you need to put it back together again (the two 4-pin plugs are usually keyed to fit back together again) and insert the two conjoined halves into the 8-pin EPS socket, otherwise the PC can't POST.

Advertisement