Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northern Lights 7/04/2010

Options
  • 07-04-2010 8:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Astronomy Ireland posted this on Facebook today:

Irish Skies - There's a 20% chance of a minor geomagnetic storm at our latitude within the next 24 hours (40% chance of mild activity, 5% chance of a severe storm). So if it's clear tonight, watch out for the Northern Lights towards the northern horizon.

Does anyone know a good & safe viewing place in or around Dublin?
    I live near the Phoenix Park but the gates close there around 11.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Anyone see anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Yes, please let me know if you guys spot anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭peterako

Unfortunately not for me :(

Clouds rolled in around 10pm and didn't lift..(I got up at 4am to check again :o ).

Did get nice views of Saturn (with my new filters) before that though so was not a total wash out.....

Thanks Sibhs for the heads up in the first place, even if the weather didn't cooperate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Sibhs

We went up to the Phoenix Park for a while, but no Northern Lights.
    I was raging my telescope is out of action though as Saturn was really clear!

Advertisement