Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to Start?

• 07-04-2010 8:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but i randomly catch a thread on this forum and whenever i do i always end up reading here for ages. From the likes of a JFK conspiracy where i couldnt really tell you what i would believe one way or another, to a conspiracy i read the other night involving a Dwarf Star beside the sun (hilarious in my opinion)

Although i strongly disagree with most of the stuff here, i find some of the conversations very interesting and in fairness, i never know as much about the subjects as the contributors here.

So can people point me towards some good threads to get me started? Some topics i can learn more about and will be an interesting read?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RoboClam

Start with reading everything I've ever posted :3

Seriously though, if you agree with the guy or not, the user "Mysterious" has many interesting theories and threads. So they'd be a good start.

The following threads are long, but entertaining:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055567060 Chemtrails

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055822925 Moon Landing (Great info from Wibbs in this one)

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055801391 Global warming (Yekahs put a lot of effort into this)

My personal favourite threads are vaccine or health related. Stuff like this http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055786529

Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

RoboClam wrote: »
    the user "Mysterious" has many interesting theories and threads

+1 believe it or not:eek:.His posts can be interesting,infuriating and funny depending on what mood your in:D

Also there is a sticky on links at the top of the forum.

I'm sure some of the Ct'ers themselves will give you direct links

EDIT: and yes read all of RoboClams posts:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Sadly, I don't think there's any simple way to go about it. There's the links thread here, and the new one here (which I promise I'll update as soon as real life work calms down a little. Honest!).

Also, in the main forum page, above where it lists the threads, you'll see a set of filter options. If you set these to "Number of Replies", "Descending" and "Beginning", it will list all the threads in order of the most replies. So you'll see the most popular threads. Granted, this isn't perfect as it could show a thread where 90% is off-topic, but in general the threads lasted that long for a reason. Plus, they're mostly major topics, like 9/11, Lisbon treaty, chem trails, moon landing hoax etc, so you'll get a hell of a lot of information in them, as well as getting different peoples opinions on the topics, for both sides of the theories.

It all depends on what aspect you're interested in, I guess. There's a hell of a lot of ground to cover, so just find something interesting and start from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

humanji wrote: »
    Sadly, I don't think there's any simple way to go about it. There's the links thread here, and the new one here (which I promise I'll update as soon as real life work calms down a little. Honest!).

Also, in the main forum page, above where it lists the threads, you'll see a set of filter options. If you set these to "Number of Replies", "Descending" and "Beginning", it will list all the threads in order of the most replies. So you'll see the most popular threads. Granted, this isn't perfect as it could show a thread where 90% is off-topic, but in general the threads lasted that long for a reason. Plus, they're mostly major topics, like 9/11, Lisbon treaty, chem trails, moon landing hoax etc, so you'll get a hell of a lot of information in them, as well as getting different peoples opinions on the topics, for both sides of the theories.

It all depends on what aspect you're interested in, I guess. There's a hell of a lot of ground to cover, so just find something interesting and start from there.

Yeah because you see, i was reading the Dwarf Star one last week, which spoke about Chem-Trailing and i had no idea what that was so had to look it up.

Sometimes the theories blur into each other so i'll start with some of the links and just read away.

Thanks lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Jim Corr, Charlie Sheen, Alex Jones & Jesse Ventura seem to be the main men, try looking up their websites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

I suppose you could have a look at some of the documentary sites that should be in the links forums.
    There are a few out there and have a massive amount of topics covered.

Heres one to get you started should you be living in europe.
    http://www.theopensource.tv/end-of-nations/eu-takeover-the-lisbon-treaty-video_6c61602c4.html

I regard this as for the most part true.But this kind of talk gets you thrown out of the political forum so i tend to discuss politics here instead.
    At least i get both sides of a biased oppinion here as appose to one side in the political forum.

Advertisement