Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Electronics problem with Fender Tele 72 Custom

• 07-04-2010 9:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

As above I seem to have an electronics problem with my Fender Tele 72 Custom.

A while ago, very occasionally I started having problem with the sound going dead when switching back to the bridge pickup up from the middle position. A quick fiddle up and down with the selector switch used to sort it out so I used not worry to much about it.

So this week I seemed to be having a problem with the jack, the sound was cutting out every so often with movement etc so I took out the jack and checked it out and it seems to be fine.

However when I put it back in I now seem to have lost sound completely with selector switch in the bridge position and also in the middle position. The neck pick up is fine.

I'm assuming its a problem with the bridge pick-up wiring but I dare not push it further as I don't want to f*ck it up completely, I'm not to used to taking it apart.

I plan on having someone have a look at it but in the mean time has anyone had any similar problems and found any simple solutions?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

The best solution is to get someone (who knows what they're doing!) to rewire it and replace the switch while they're at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

u mean not me then? :)

yeah I figured...but ye know...money, downtime etc etc...I'm in denial

I'll look into it and get it done ASAP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Its most likely the switch. If 2 of your 3 pickups aren't working, the liklihood is that they haven't both failed (They're just magnets with coils anyway, so there's little or no chance of failure). The switch however was initially giving problems with one pickup, now with two, so that leads me to believe it's just failed.

New switches aren't crazy money, and can be installed fairly quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

you're prob right about the switch

the reason I thought it might be the bridge pickup wiring (there's only 2 pickups on it) was because even when i had the initial switching problems the neck pickup always worked, as it does now

I'll bring it to the doctor

Advertisement