Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrong test date given

• 07-04-2010 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭

Well I checked my emails & the RSA sent me one with test details for May ... only my 6months on my 1st learner permit isn't up until first week of August.

Just wondering now when I ring them tomorrow to sort it out is there any chance they'll give me my correct date seen as they processed my application & made the error or will I have to wait until the 6weeks before the test date to get it issued?

Be nice to know now so we could think about & possiably plan a holiday for August before the hotels we like are booked out like last year.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Just wondering now when I ring them tomorrow to sort it out is there any chance they'll give me my correct date seen as they processed my application & made the error or will I have to wait until the 6weeks before the test date to get it issued?

What do you mean by they made the error? Yes it would make sense for them to be able to see if someones licence is within the 6 months or not and have the computer stop them issuing dates before the 6 months but as far as I know that system isn't in place so if you book your test and get a test within the 6 months all you can do is ring up and ask for a different date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

Yeah...you sort of have to time it yourself when you apply while you're still within the 6 month requirement and hope to get one outside of that...its not up to them to know when your six months expires...get in touch and cancel it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The website had a fit just before I got to putting in unavailable dates, so I emailed them later with my reference number and the dates I was not available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

spurious wrote: »
    The website had a fit just before I got to putting in unavailable dates, so I emailed them later with my reference number and the dates I was not available.

They have the period I'm not available for so if I get a date again before the 6months I will not be allowing the forfeit of the fee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

It seems like some applications are not being read properly, I mean the unavailability part of the applications. I've heard a few cases where appointments were given on dates that were previously selected as unavailable. My own 'available for a cancellation' didn't get me (some others too) an earlier date...I still waited 3/4 months. (that might have been down to nobody cancelling during that time though, who knows)
    Of course it might not be human error either..that section of the app form seems to be quite glitchy..some days not even available for people to click on so that might be the problem too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

greenie wrote: »
    It seems like some applications are not being read properly, I mean the unavailability part of the applications. I've heard a few cases where appointments were given on dates that were previously selected as unavailable. My own 'available for a cancellation' didn't get me (some others too) an earlier date...I still waited 3/4 months. (that might have been down to nobody cancelling during that time though, who knows)
    Of course it might not be human error either..that section of the app form seems to be quite glitchy..some days not even available for people to click on so that might be the problem too.

I called them up to apply for the cancellation last thursday and I got my new driving test date yesterday.
    Maybe I just got lucky. Or maybe because tallagh is a fairly busy test center, it probably sees more cancellations than other centers...

And to the OP, i doubt you'll get to your new test date right away. You might have to wait till July or something before you can get your date sometime in August after your 6 months have completed. Though maybe they could give you a new date right away too. I guess you won't know till you speak to them!

Advertisement