Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LG 37LF7700 37in Full HD Freesat Digital LCD TV - €539.99 (exP&P) @ Argos

• 07-04-2010 9:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭

I put this in the 'Northern Ireland Bargain Alerts' forum as it's on offer in Argos up North and in the UK for £399.

The Irish price isn't as good, but it's still good. You'll be hard pushed to find it less than £499 at most retailers online.. not to mention trying to find one to deliver it here.

I know the lads over at RicherSounds said they were flying out the door of their Belfast store, and could only be collected in-store at £489.95 / €569.99. Situation may have changed since however!

The Argos RRP is over-the-top in typical Argos style, but it's a damn fine price. You need to factor in home-delivery of €7.47 within Dublin or €29.38 outside of Dublin! :eek:
    These TV's are the business with Freesat HD integrated!

Home delivery only.. but a great price considering you won't find it at most retailers for less than £499!

262-5363704MMA72UC586832X.jpg

LG 37LF7700

* Intelligent sensor.

Television Picture Quality:

* High Definition Ready.

* Full HD (1080p).

* Integrated digital (Freeview).

* Freesat.

* 37in (93cm) widescreen TV with 89cm visible screen size.

* Resolution 1920 x 1080 pixels.

* Brightness 500cd/m2.

* Contrast ratio 50,000:1.

* Response time 5ms.

* Dual XD Engine image enhancement.

* Viewing angle 178 degrees.

* Progressive scan.

Connectivity:

* 3 HDMI sockets.

* 2 SCART sockets.

* PC input socket.

* Component video socket.

* Composite.

* Optical connection.

* Headphone socket.

* AV sockets (side and rear).

Sound Quality:

* SRS TruSurround XT sound system.

* 10 x 10W RMS power output.

* Dolby digital sound processor.

Freeview Features:

* Digitally interactive.

* Digital text.

* Digital video broadcasting (DVB) subtitles available.

* Auto setup.

* Auto scan for new channels.

* Now and next electronic programme guide.

* 8 day Electronic Programme Guide.

* Top Up TV compatible.

* CI slot.

Additional Features:

* Teletext.

* Fastext.

* UHF tuner.

* Auto setup.

* Auto search tuner.

* Auto search sorting.

* Auto search labelling.

* Sleep timer.

* Child lock.

* NTSC compatible.

* Remote control requires 2 x AAA batteries (included).

* 230V AC mains operated.

* Size of TV (H)63.5, (W)91.8, (D)11.2cm.

* Weight of TV 15.8kg (unpackaged).

* Complete with tabletop stand.

* Size of TV with stand (H)68.4, (W)91.8, (D)29.3cm.

* Weight of TV with tabletop stand 18.8kg.

* Suitable for wall mounting (brackets not included).

* Standby power consumption 0.5 watt.

Energy Savings Trust recommended.

* This product uses less energy than standard models, therefore lowering energy bills and helping the environment.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

I think Tesco are selling this for €499 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

testicle wrote: »
    I think Tesco are selling this for €499 ?

highly unlikely to be the FREESAT model in Tesco ROI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

Pal wrote: »
    highly unlikely to be the FREESAT model in Tesco ROI
    I thought freesat was only for the uk? what good is it having it in Ireland :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I have the 32" version, and it works perfectly here. It can pick up all the Irish channels from the DTT tests plus the full lineup of Freesat channels including BBC HD and ITV HD.

babo9 wrote: »
    I thought freesat was only for the uk? what good is it having it in Ireland :confused:

Freeview is generally UK only. Freesat works perfectly here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭jimogr

This may be a very stupid question, but do you need to connect this to a satellite for freesat to work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

jimogr wrote: »
    This may be a very stupid question, but do you need to connect this to a satellite for freesat to work?
    Yes, you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

basquille wrote: »
    Yes, you do.

I presume he means dish, not an actual satellite.:pac: Is the freesat box just built into the TV?

I presume he means dish, not an actual satellite.:pac: Is the freesat box just built into the TV?

Yes, it's built in. Makes the setup nice and neat if wall mounting.

babo9 wrote: »

Freesat is exactly what it says on the tin. Free Satellite.

Ireland is within the Astra 2 footprint.
    Thats how we get Sky TV here.
    These TVs will therefore work in Ireland and you will get HD channels too.
    I have 3 of these exact TVs at home.

Possibly you are confusing Freesat with Freeview.
    Freeview comes through your aerial and only works in some parts of Ireland.
    This TV also has Freeview buit in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭reb73

I have an old Sky Satellite Dish still hooked up, but not connected as I switched to Chorus/NTL about 4 years ago.. Can I hook up this TV to the existing Sky dish and get HD channels?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

If it has Freesat HD, does that not imply the presence of an MPEG4 tuner? And the possibility, but not certainty, of being able to decode the Saorview channels too?

reb73 wrote: »
    I have an old Sky Satellite Dish still hooked up, but not connected as I switched to Chorus/NTL about 4 years ago.. Can I hook up this TV to the existing Sky dish and get HD channels?

yes

Onikage wrote: »
    If it has Freesat HD, does that not imply the presence of an MPEG4 tuner? And the possibility, but not certainty, of being able to decode the Saorview channels too?

yes and yes

Onikage wrote: »
    This link would certainly indicate so..

47256191.png

I bought 4 of these so did my homework before parting with cash.

IMO its the best TV on the market (except maybe Panasonic Vieira) but make sure you get the FREESAT one from UK.

I bought 4 of these so did my homework before parting with cash.

IMO its the best TV on the market (except maybe Panasonic Vieira) but make sure you get the FREESAT one from UK.
    But the one in the original link is the Freesat one from Argos.ie.

interesting.

never saw FREESAT on sale down here before.

note its £399 in Argos UK if you care to drive to Newry.

These things were selling well above €600 before Christmas.

Good bargain. well spotted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

This is an ok bargain alright but as a tv goes, in regards to picture quality, it wont be all that great, blacks will appear greyish, being the biggest issue. Also, no 100Hz but that should be alright if you're not too used to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭reb73

note its £399 in Argos UK if you care to drive to Newry

Doesn't seem to be available for in-store collection though..

Edit: It appears that Argos in NI do deliver to ROI for about £20/25

Zonda999 wrote: »
    This is an ok bargain alright but as a tv goes, in regards to picture quality, it wont be all that great, blacks will appear greyish, being the biggest issue. Also, no 100Hz but that should be alright if you're not too used to it
    Ah to be fair, you're getting a 37" Full HD TV with a Freesat HD reciever (just a example Tony! ;)) integrated for less than €550 delivered.

It's a damn fine price considering the cheapest RRP elsewhere (besides Argos in the UK) is the £499 mark (and that's if they'll ship it here and at what cost).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

basquille wrote: »
    Ah to be fair, you're getting a 37" Full HD TV with a Freesat HD reciever (just a example Tony! ;)) integrated for less than €550 delivered.

It's a damn fine price considering the cheapest RRP elsewhere (besides Argos in the UK) is the £499 mark (and that's if they'll ship it here and at what cost).
    Ah ya, all very true. Most people couldnt or wont notice picture quality so for the vast majority of people this is a fine tv that avoids the need for any external set top boxes whatsoever! Wouldnt really recommend it if its just going to be hooked up to a sky box for its life, in that case many tvs that cost less will do a better job as regards to picture quality :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

maybe a little ot here but since it was answered above, I have an old sattelite too but sky used it to hook up sky for a room in my house. can I run the freesat off this sattelite in conjunction with sky?

00sully wrote: »
    maybe a little ot here but since it was answered above, I have an old sattelite too but sky used it to hook up sky for a room in my house. can I run the freesat off this sattelite in conjunction with sky?
    Yep.. as long as you have a dual / quad LNB, it's just a matter of running the cable from the dish. If you have Sky+ or Sky installed in the last year or two, odds are they installed a quad AFAIK.

And even if you don't have a dual / quad LNB, you can always buy one. They're not expensive!

Advertisement