Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Masters in Photography?

• 07-04-2010 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

hey all,
    is there anyone out there who can tell me of anywhere that i can go back to do a masters in photography.
    essentially i would like go back to do a masters on my experiance alone rather than the more convential method of having to get a degree first and then continue.
    any help on this matter would be greatly appriciated.
    yours sincerely
    docmac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭preilly79

docmac13 wrote: »
    hey all,
    is there anyone out there who can tell me of anywhere that i can go back to do a masters in photography.
    essentially i would like go back to do a masters on my experiance alone rather than the more convential method of having to get a degree first and then continue.
    any help on this matter would be greatly appriciated.
    yours sincerely
    docmac
    http://www.warnborough.ie/faculties/arts/mfa.htm is the only one i could find after a cursory search. it's distance learning too. oh, i've never even heard of the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Cantaloupe

If you were willing to travel, I was looking at a few over in the UK recently and some seem pretty good and in good locations. and in some places it seems actually doing a masters and living on the college campus is cheaper than the degree course I'm doing in Dublin...
    http://tinyurl.com/yz2vzf2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Will it make you a better photographer?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 scr33n

pete4130 wrote: »
    Will it make you a better photographer?

You'd hope so wouldn't you :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 34 scr33n

docmac13 wrote: »
    hey all,
    i would like go back to do a masters on my experiance alone rather than the more convential method of having to get a degree first and then continue

I think you'll need to have a Degree in a related area like Visual Arts or Communications first, you don't necessarily have to have a BA in Photography but it would help...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

scr33n wrote: »
    I think you'll need to have a Degree in a related area like Visual Arts or Communications first, you don't necessarily have to have a BA in Photography but it would help...

I'm doing a BA in photography... a masters in it... i dont know if you could do a masters in it... photography... as it is can be studied as a dip, the BA is a huge amount of fine art element. a masters in fine art with a focus on photography would be more logical

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭tullie

Have you tired any of the colleges in London? I think westminster application for some courses has passed but the LCC seems to be in a few weeks.
    Both were recommended to me and seem to be respected masters courses.

Also isn't there a place in Wales? can't think of the name sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 docmac13

thank you very much to everyone for your responces,ye have been very helpful and it is much appreciated,
    mAc:)

Advertisement