Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Toyo Proxe's

• 07-04-2010 9:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,592 ✭✭✭✭

As heading
    I know toyo Proxes are rated good tyres
    But there are so many varaitions of them
    anyone know whats good and waht is not?
    I was looking at TOYO PROXES 4 TOYO PX4 - 195/50R15

Or these
    TOYO T1R PROXES TOYO T1 R - 195/50R15
    The Civic will be needing a set soon enough and I spotted these on offer. Thought I might buy a set to have in stock so to speak

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

I had the T1Rs in a 215/45/R17. Found them pretty grippy, but very soft and quick wearing, had them on the front of a passat and needed changing in 10k miles.

I personally like the Falken 912, but am considering Vredstein for my next purchase in a 255/35R18 as I have heard good things about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/products/total_tyre_guide/213186/tyre_guide.html

T1Rs didn't do as well a lot of people thought they would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Sporttrac 3 are hard to beat for the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Coming from another Civic owner here.
    I originally had the T1R Proxes on the front, amazing grip in the dry, great roadholding and wear was decent enough.
    Now I have the Sportrac 3s and tbh they feel worse, both in the dry and wet! 5k miles and there's still millions of thread left though :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,378 ✭✭✭Tefral

Have tried a few different tyres on my cars now. Always end up going back to the toyo T1'rs.

Goodyear Eagle F1's are also just as good in my opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Had them before, got them at a good price. They have good grip but they are a very soft compound meaning they wear pretty quick. Got about 20k miles out a set and my car wasn't a performance car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,592 ✭✭✭✭vectra

bazz26 wrote: »
    Had them before, got them at a good price. They have good grip but they are a very soft compound meaning they wear pretty quick. Got about 20k miles out a set and my car wasn't a performance car.

LOL
    I never got 20k out of a set of tyres in my life.. ( I must learn that corners are to be driven around and not challenged ) :D

Well
    I can get the T1r's for around 155 euro for four From Camskill.
    Just would need to get them fitted then.
    25 euro a corner here for that. = 255
    I can drive to the local tyre shop and get bridgestones for 170 fitted
    is it worth the bother I ask myself? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I bought them off eiretyres.com at the time as they were doing a special low price on them. Noticed that these days they are expensive enough once you start looking at them in 17" or above.

I had them on an Avensis btw so it didn't challenge corners that often and I was used to getting 35k to 40k from a set of tyres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

Had pirreli p zeros and michellin pilot sport on the evo
    but the best ones I've had were the Goodyear eagle F1's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

vectra wrote: »
    LOL
    I never got 20k out of a set of tyres in my life.. ( I must learn that corners are to be driven around and not challenged ) :D

Well
    I can get the T1r's for around 155 euro for four From Camskill.
    Just would need to get them fitted then.
    25 euro a corner here for that. = 255
    I can drive to the local tyre shop and get bridgestones for 170 fitted
    is it worth the bother I ask myself? :confused:

25 a corner is pricey. You should definitely shop around for fitting. Anywhere around me is either 10e/15e a corner fitted and balanced.

If you can get bridgestones for that its not bad, I had turanzas in the same size 15" as you previously and they were good enough tyres.

• Advertisement
Advertisement