Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FILL UP

Options
  • 07-04-2010 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

fill up before midnight cos petrol is going up again . can some one tell me why its so bloody dear? think it time to get the ass and cart out once more, no im not that age that i can remember way back that far . :(:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

blond45 wrote: »
    fill up before midnight cos petrol is going up again . can some one tell me why its so bloody dear?
    Peak Oil. We're all doomed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

It'll be soon time to start bringing in the oil off the west coast,;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

ScumLord wrote: »
    Peak Oil. We're all doomed.

yup
    part 1 of 8,it deserves a watch

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Cheapest I've seen around (diesel) is in Derrydonnell 119.9 - that was last Friday though.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Can anyone tell me where in the *city* has the cheapest petrol at the moment? Need to fill up with a couple of hundred litres today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me where in the *city* has the cheapest petrol at the moment? Need to fill up with a couple of hundred litres today

We're all doomed... DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SeanPuddin

Diesel was 117.9 in Gort on Monday...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

SeanPuddin wrote: »
    Diesel was 117.9 in Gort on Monday...
    Is that your man near the Lady Gregory that was using washed diesel from the North and was caught by customs a while ago?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SeanPuddin

Yip, the very same place I get my diesel twice a week and have absouletly no problems with...

Do you have a link to this story or is it mindless slander?

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭flynnlives

Yes unfortunatly this is only the start. Its due to the exchange rate between the dollar and euro and other factors. Barrels are sold in dollars. Basically we need to spend more euros to buy dollars.

Petrol is going to rise considerably this year. Along with this goods and services will rise because of transport costs.. Leading to inflation and thus interest rate increases. People should consider being extra prudent now. Do not buy anything extravagent or get anymore in debt. There is serious pain on the way for this country. This i worry is only the begining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I buy plastic products in bulk every so often and the price of that kind of stuff is going up too. Expect anything to do with plastics, food and medicine to increase as all these things are oil based products. Food production is so dependent on oil it might as well be made out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Uh oh, looks like he's ready to go fully operational!

/gets the f*** out of Galway...

200 litres of petrol, 30 (?) big chicken breasts ...... that's gonna be some curry John !

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

ScumLord wrote: »
    I buy plastic products in bulk every so often and the price of that kind of stuff is going up too. Expect anything to do with plastics, food and medicine to increase as all these things are oil based products. Food production is so dependent on oil it might as well be made out of it.
    I'm always plugging this but it's free to watch so..

The History of Oil - Robert Newman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Isn't over 60 percent of what we pay per litre made up by various taxes tho??

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

blond45 wrote: »
    fill up before midnight cos petrol is going up again . can some one tell me why its so bloody dear? think it time to get the ass and cart out once more, no im not that age that i can remember way back that far . :(:(

Did petrol go up much since last night? Should I fill up today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

Cheapest I've seen around (diesel) is in Derrydonnell 119.9 - that was last Friday though.

" Dirt" cheap alright.
    Wouldnt put the stuff into a 50 yr old tractor

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

I find that Texaco on Lough Atalia Rd (just after you pass under the railway bridge when heading towards the docks) is usually 2 or 3 cents cheaper per litre than most other places around the city.

I filled up there last night and I think it was 3 cent cheaper per litre than Topaz (Westside, Newcastle Rd, Bohermore).
    Isn't over 60 percent of what we pay per litre made up by various taxes tho??

I don't understand why people keep bringing up "peak oil" when fuel prices are being complained about.

Oil is only $85 per barrel. It was $140 per barrel in 2008 and yet prices at the pumps were the same then as what they are now.

It's a combination of the dollar being strong against the euro (and pound) and also ridiculous/disgraceful increases in fuel duty by the government. We can't do anything about the exchange rate but the government could certainly reduce the tax which is being charged on fuel. Any economic recovery will be stiffled by fuel prices being this high.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,492 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Got petrol in Tesco in Ballinasloe 2 weeks ago at 119.9 :eek:

It's currently 121.9 and since they opened it's brought the price down in all garages there.

It's fcuking disgusting the prices charged in Galway city, really písses me off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

rarnes1 wrote: »

It's currently 121.9 and since they opened it's brought the price down in all garages there.

It's fcuking disgusting the prices charged in Galway city, really písses me off.

From driving the width of the country and past a lot of different petrol stations in different counties I'd say prices in Galway City are fairly standard and that 119.9 in Ballinasloe is some kind of anomaly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    From driving the width of the country and past a lot of different petrol stations in different counties I'd say prices in Galway City are fairly standard and that 119.9 in Ballinasloe is some kind of anomaly.
    didint it go up to 121.9 when they all did?

biko wrote: »
    I'm always plugging this but it's free to watch so..

The History of Oil - Robert Newman

Thanks biko, that was very entertaining and informative !

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

rarnes1 wrote: »

Nationwide coverage on http://www.pumps.ie/
    Today's average prices:
    Petrol: 131.9c
    Diesel: 121.9c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Deytukurjobs!

DEY TUK UR JOBS!
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::mad::cool:

DEY TUK UR JOBS!
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::mad::cool:

Are you facekicker ?

Advertisement