Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CL Winners 2010

• 07-04-2010 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

Quite simple. Who wins it from here?

Who will win it all? 139 votes

Bayern Munich
    0%
    Barcelona
    5%
    TöpherKoldstovelidDubDaniJesus WeptBoskowskiIrishIrish 7 votes
    Inter Milan
    74%
    ButcherOfNoggandalfSkudBounty HunterbyteChongpickarooneyStargalT-b0n3Kingp35keano_afcmayordenisbohsmanHolstenSullyBrando_ieapplehunterA Dub in GlasgoMr.Nice Guypwd 103 votes
    Lyon
    20%
    PHBentropiSeanehgimmickIagomeditraitorxabidor83BarrkippyspeedboatchaseMushyPeyton ManningFearDarkdfx-rossie1977[Deleted User]Armin_TamzarianHalloweenJackLukker- 29 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Barcelona.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Lyon
    I actually think Inter will do it :(

Heart says Barca though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Inter Milan
    Has to be Barca.

Although I think the game against Inter would have been a great final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Inter Milan
    Barca. Simples

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Inter Milan
    Barca, Barca, Barca!

I hope Bayern win it though!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Lyon
    Inter. Jose Mourinho factor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Inter Milan
    Barca to win - could well end up playing Lyon in the final - I doubt they'll have ever been a more one sided final if it comes to pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Inter Milan
    Gotta say Barca are faves now, considering every team left in the competition have been beaten comfortably by Barca in the past 12 months. Although, don't interpret that as arrogance, over the course of a game of football any of the teams are capable of winning the trophy. Who'd have thought both Ibrahimovic and Inter would be in the semi's this year, whereas Torres, Ronaldo, and Rooney would be at home. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Inter Milan
    Barca - Lyon final. Barca to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Inter Milan
    Barca to win but Inter - Barca would've been agreat final to watch:)

• Advertisement

Lyon
    Its a poor Champions League this season Bill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Inter Milan
    I find it refreshing that there are a diverse number of teams in the semi's, a German, French, Spanish, and Italian team. Nice to see.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Let's go Barca.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Inter Milan
    eZe^ wrote: »
    I find it refreshing that there are a diverse number of teams in the semi's, a German, French, Spanish, and Italian team. Nice to see.
    Thought that myself, and quite bluntly, nice to see no English teams for a bit of a mix up.

Always thought Barca would do it, and still do

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

gimmick wrote: »

I know Eamonn, I don't even know any names of the players left in it bar that Messy lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Lyon
    inter, no rafa benitez to knock him out again so i am going for jose to reclaim his crown, its been 6 long years

Inter Milan
    gimmick wrote: »

:rolleyes:

Inter Milan
    since knockin out chelsea, inter have been my dark horses. i can see it now. inter win, jose goes out on top after winning the trophy he was hired to win. gives 2 fingers to the italians cos "they don't like me" and then takes over liverpool to bring them back to the glory days of winning the league

then i wake up

Lyon
    cson wrote: »
    I know Eamonn, I don't even know any names of the players left in it bar that Messy lad.

For the record, the Dunph actually said that, not me......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,807 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Lyon
    eZe^ wrote: »

Completely agree.
    However, how long before the English media begin the "demise of English football" stories.
    Its a fair step back from the past few seasons when the English have dominated the semi final numbers.
    Bayern and Inter have both benefited from the "rebuilding" process at Real Madrid, with Barca and Inter doing a player plus significant money swap. The money emanating from Spain has indirectly lead to the lack of English teams in the semis, no bad thing in my opinion.
    Lyon though, what a club, even after selling their best players over the years they make a semi. Fair play.

I reckon Inter will win it, I have a sneaky suspicion that Inter can do them over 2 legs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Inter Milan
    If Inter get over Barca, yes, they will win it. Big 'if' tho, it has to be said. Barcelona look as if they could literally beat anyone at this point, in Spain and in Europe.

I still say Barca to win it handy tho. If they score at all in the San Siro in 2 weeks' time, that's her more or less sealed. Nou Camp will be a rout then.

Bayern/Lyon will be an interesting tussle, as both were not really given any chance at earlier stages in the competition... Look who's laughing now!!!

My money will be on a Barcelona vs. Bayern Munich final, with Barcelona to win it 2-0; Messi and Ibra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Inter Milan
    Nobody has voted for Bayern, I find that that hard to believe LOL

What a poor side. Assuming they get past Lyon, which they will be expected to do and Barca squeeze past Inter I can see Barca whooping their sorry a$$ in the final. If Utd had have made it, same result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Lyon, for me. Barca have a small squad, an eye on the league, and the pressure and the fatigue might just take its toll. They also arguably have the more difficult semi-final.

Lyon have been impressive. Lisandro looks lethal up front, and Lloris is staking a claim to be among the world's best keepers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Inter Milan
    Barca - Bayern Final

Barca to lift it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

Barca should but I'd put a few euro on Lyon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Inter Milan
    No option for Lionel Messi!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Lyon
    Could see Inter beating Barca and suprising everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Inter Milan
    Will be Barca, but I fancy OL to get to the final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

Barr wrote: »

Good shout in fairness. Inter are a different prospect to an open and injury ravaged arsenal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Inter Milan
    Firmly behind Barca now. Jose will relish the prospect of trying to nullify them over two legs, but I don't think even the master tactician can stop the Xavi - Messi axis. Will be a fascinating clash of styles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Like to see a Lyon v Barca Final , But I wouldn't rule out Inter causing a shock in the semi's.

The football fan in me wants to see Barca and Messi show go all the way.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,807 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Lyon
    Barr wrote: »

Not Everyone.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Couple of very intriguing ties.

Hard to look past Barca I guess but you just know Inter will make it difficult for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,519 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Inter Milan
    I went for Barca, although Inter could cause a shock.
    It's hard to see Bayerns good fortune continuing as it has done, although Italy did win the world cup in 2006 by being sensationally jammy so it's not unheard of.

Bayern might have luck on their side and win it, Inter might surprise everyone by beating Barca. But the smart money is still on Barcelona, although a part of me would love to see Lyon win it just to upset the form book.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Barcelona
    Bayern beating inter in the final

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Inter Milan
    Barca beating Bayern in the final.

Unless the bubonic plague hits the entire Catalan region in the next 3-4 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Inter Milan
    With United gone now, I really hope Inter win but I can only see Barca winning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Inter Milan
    Head is still saying Barca.

Heart really wants either Inter or Bayern.

Be so hard to stop Barca, unless, as mentioned above, there's a bubonic plague outbreak or they burn out... Wouldn't like to rely on either of them, tbh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Inter Milan
    hard to look past Barca, but i think Lyon could surprise people. Think they'll beat Bayern and give Barca a run for their money.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Inter Milan
    Think Bayern will be in the final with Barca which will be a fantastic game, Robben, Ribery, Messi, Xavi etc. just alot of talent on display.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Inter Milan
    Barca have to be favourites. Inter - Barca will be very interesting though.

Mourinho appears to have adopted a far more attacking outlook since the group stages.

When they played Barca first time round, they were set up very defensively but away against both Chelsea and CSKA they lined up with Pandev, Milito, Eto'o and Sneijder all on the pitch.

A lot could also depend on the leniency of the officials, as Samuel will certainly give Messi a good kicking.

I think Lyon will beat Bayern. I've been very impressed every time I've seen them and while Bayern have looked very good at times and have two special players in Robben and Ribery, their defence just looks too shaky to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,267 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Lyon
    I think it will be Inter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭loveissucide

Barca hopefully, if only so Mourinho dosn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

I'd love to see Barca win it, simply because theyre a joy to watch.

However i dont really care as long as whoever wins it finishes in the CL qualification places of their domestic league, thereby meaning Rangers go straight into the groups.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 319 ✭✭jamsieboy86

Lyon
    The name of the team is Inter not Inter Milan. Everton aren't called Everton Liverpool so why Inter Milan??? The poll should be changed appropriately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Lyon
    The winner of Inter vs. Barca is the obvious choice. I think Barca are better than Inter, and they are favorites, but I don't think its beyond Inter to win the tie by stiffling, and indeed I think they might nick it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Inter Milan
    The name of the team is Inter not Inter Milan. Everton aren't called Everton Liverpool so why Inter Milan???

Jesus Christ, the real name is Football Club Internazionale Milano or Inter Milan in English.

Lyon
    Osu wrote: »
    Jesus Christ, the real name is Football Club Internazionale Milano or Inter Milan in English.

I am an Inter fan and not a single fan of the club calls it Inter Milan, its simply not the clubs name, which is actually Football Club Internazionale Milano, regardless of which part you choose to make bold. Why would you bring the magic carpenter, ie Jesus Christ, into a discussion about football?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Inter Milan
    I am an Inter fan and not a single fan of the club calls it Inter Milan, its simply not the clubs name, which is actually Football Club Internazionale Milano. Why would you bring the magic carpenter, ie Jesus Christ, into a discussion about football?

Why would you be so pedantic?

Lyon
    flahavaj wrote: »
    Why would you be so pedantic?

Its not being pedantic, it really annoys me when Inter is referred to as Inter Milan. The team's name is simply Inter. In Italy Inter is always referred to as Inter and AC Milan as Milan. So why add Milan to Inter, London is not added to Chelsea or Arsenal or Liverpool added to Everton.

It annoys me especially when Inter are referred to as Milan, as some pundits do.

If you think I'm being pedantic, try and find one source other than the British/Irish media who refers to Inter as Inter Milan, can't be done.

• Advertisement
Advertisement