Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

18C peak..............

Options
  • 07-04-2010 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Reading today on the Met Eireann website...they have said that temperatures will peak at 18C this weekend!!!..is our summer actually on the way??? :eek::P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Hmm, I see you're in Cork. :cool: There is a good chance of murky seafog and low cloud in the south and southeast coastal areas, so depending on exactly where you are, it could be chilly. Spots probably most likely to see 18°C would be in Connaught and west midlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,680 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Su Campu wrote: »
    Hmm, I see you're in Cork. :cool: There is a good chance of murky seafog and low cloud in the south and southeast coastal areas, so depending on exactly where you are, it could be chilly. Spots probably most likely to see 18°C would be in Connaught and west midlands.

I forecast 19c in Coleriane ;)

OMG that'd be nearly enough to melt a few feet off that snow on the hills up behind!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,847 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

hopefully the temperature goes no higher than 18.7c;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Bring it on!!! Some real warmth will be most welcome. Driving around most of of east county Galway today and despite the relatively warmer temps of the last couple of weeks fields and fauna around the area (and I am sure most of the country) still looks anemic and lifeless.

I miss my green! :pac:

• Advertisement

Bring it on!!! Some real warmth will be most welcome. Driving around most of of east county Galway today and despite the relatively warmer temps of the last couple of weeks fields and fauna around the area (and I am sure most of the country) still looks anemic and lifeless.

I miss my green! :pac:

so that erratic driver was you!!:mad::D. i thought you were drunk, instead it's just that you were just taking in the landscape a bit too much:P

so that erratic driver was you!!:mad::D. i thought you were drunk, instead it's just that you were just taking in the landscape a bit too much:P

Where you in my patch Nacho? :eek: If I knew it was you I would have pushed you into a ditch! Just kidding. :). 17c/18c (maybe higher?) certainly is a possibility this coming weekend as Su notes. I, for one, will delight in every little molecule of heat that may come as Evelyn on the TV forecast earlier on said it may get cooler again next week. :(

Meteoblue have temps reaching into the mid teens at least for the coming weekend across Ireland:

110166.jpg

110164.jpg

110165.jpg

110163.jpg

Image source: Meteoblue

Bliss...:cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

well we got 18c forecasted for us so 20c is probably more likely... them there forecasts are always wrong!! By a few c on cold or warm days!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

Now all we have to do is wait for the first "heatwave" topic :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

why is it that it is always at least 2 degrees warmer on hot days and cooler on cold days in coleraine than it is anywhere else??? One of lifes mysterys!!!!

why is it that it is always at least 2 degrees warmer on hot days and cooler on cold days in coleraine than it is anywhere else??? One of lifes mysterys!!!!

Don't forget it's one of the driest places in ireland as well, except when it snows ;) A real continental climate!

maybe because theres no weather station near by!

owenc wrote: »
    maybe because theres no weather station near by!

I assume you have your own?

I assume you have your own?

yea well like a thermometer and a few other things lol... but i dont have one...

owenc wrote: »
    yea well like a thermometer and a few other things lol... but i dont have one...

owen are you frostyJoe on netweather??

"yea i think its about time things warm up.... im sick of single figure temps now.... i want 20 something c... if new york can reach 32c?? then why cant we i mean.... how could they reach that in april???? im forecasted 18c on saturday.. and tbh i think ill get 20-22c maybe 23c... if im very lucky.. because each time we were forecasted 11c or so we have been a couple of degrees warmer..."

It has to be you.....right.........:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

Why does Tehran get temps in excess of 30c? I mean Dublin is in the same hemisphere and they only look a few feet below us on my map. Something has to be going wrong in Ireland.

owen are you frostyJoe on netweather??

"yea i think its about time things warm up.... im sick of single figure temps now.... i want 20 something c... if new york can reach 32c?? then why cant we i mean.... how could they reach that in april???? im forecasted 18c on saturday.. and tbh i think ill get 20-22c maybe 23c... if im very lucky.. because each time we were forecasted 11c or so we have been a couple of degrees warmer..."

It has to be you.....right.........:)

yes thats me!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

How are ye all getting on in the April Forecast Comp so far or am I allowed to discuss that. My Max for the month of 21.1c looks a bit optimistic. Think by the end of next week it will be getting cold again and that the name of this thread will be the peak more or less for April unless after the cold spell .......

• Advertisement

Warmest day of the year today...

Claremorris 19.0
    Finner 18.8
    Ballyhaise 17.9
    Mullingar 17.7
    Casement, Shannon, Valentia 17.4
    Malin head 17.3
    Belmullet 17.2
    Oak Park 17.0
    Gurteen 16.8
    Mace Head 15.9
    Johnstown Castle 15.2
    Dublin Airport 14.7
    Cork Airport 13.6
    Sherkin Island 12.3
    Roches Point 12.0

Donegal airport also reached 19°C today from 15:30 to 16:00 (rounded to 19, so could be anywhere from 18.5 to 19.4). And with a dewpoint of 0°C, it was a very low relative humidity of 28%. But then a big fall down to 15°C at 5pm as the wind swung around to westerly.

2010-04-10 16:00:00 METAR EIDL 101600Z AUTO 33006KT 290V360 CAVOK 15/03 Q1031=
    2010-04-10 15:00:00 METAR EIDL 101500Z AUTO 21011KT CAVOK 19/00 Q1032=
    2010-04-10 14:30:00 METAR EIDL 101430Z AUTO 18008KT 150V220 CAVOK 19/00 Q1032=
    2010-04-10 14:00:00 METAR EIDL 101400Z AUTO 18010KT 150V210 CAVOK 18/03 Q1032=

well we reached 21c here.. its clear here now still bright and about 11c already!!!

Beautiful day for sure with nothing more than some isolated clumps of altro-cumulus that only increased the aesthetic quality of the sky.

High temp of 18.9c today!

Graph charting recorded temp between noon and 8.30pm today:

110432.jpg

I'd not rule out a full 19c here tomorrow which would be great! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

sligo only got 17.6c but still our warmest too:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Erkhan

Temp display on the dash of my car said 19c at about 14:00 today in Tallaght. I guess it's not a highly calibrated temp sensor but its officially the highest temp I've seen on it since last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Yes deep easterly 19.2c here yesterday around 16.00. I'm hoping for a 20c today! The west side will always be the warmest in this setup. If i remember a little later in April/may last year Claremorris was also the highest reporting weather station (28c if I'm correct)??

On another note, yesterdays sun has brought out all my south facing Tulips out in full flower!

There's some quite high temps being recorded already on the Irish weather network. I would assume some of those reading 20c+ are in the sun and not in full shade.

snaps wrote: »
    Yes deep easterly 19.2c here yesterday around 16.00. I'm hoping for a 20c today! The west side will always be the warmest in this setup. If i remember a little later in April/may last year Claremorris was also the highest reporting weather station (28c if I'm correct)??

On another note, yesterdays sun has brought out all my south facing Tulips out in full flower!

It seems the west isnt the warmest today.. but we shall see later.. thats why i was expecting at least 20c today with the light winds.. but its stuggled upto 18c!:mad:

• Advertisement

I think we'll break the 20c barrier today. currently 19.2c here now so looking good and like you say Owen not a breath of wind today.

Infact Athlone is currently reporting 20c.

Advertisement