Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

18C peak..............

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Just noticed a rare phenomenon on my weather graphs. For the last 3 days, the air pressure readings fell as the day heated up, and rose once again as it cool down: (sorry for bad quality graph, had to be re-sized to make it fit comfortably on the post :o)

Air pressure (black line) clearly fell, by around 1.5mb's, during the heat of the day (blue line) and rose during the night, leveling off at around 1031.0mbs. The same is happening again tonight, with pressure rising back up to 1030.1mb at the mo and will probably level off to similar vales as previous nights.

I thought this phenomena only happened in the tropical regions of the globe :eek:, but obviously not. :)

That's fairly common here during anticyclones. Without it you wouldn't get sea breezes. In fact, if your watching the ME 3-hour HIRLAM forecasts throughout the day you can see this pressure drop take place. Check it out tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Thanks SU for that. i get it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

15.8c here on Mon and 15.9c here today

Think it will be cooler tomorrow but a run of 17.8, 17.9 15.8 and 15.9 aint bad in April

Advertisement