Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

respraying alloy wheels

• 07-04-2010 10:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭

anyone know approx. how much it would cost to professionally respray 5 alloy wheels of a 2000 Audi A4?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Most places charged about 50 quid a wheel as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭CONM

I had the wheels on my Range Rover done and it cost 170 a wheel, theree 22" so i'm guessing yours would be a bit less. Ask at any good body shop, thats where i got mine done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Collins engineering bray. Brilliant workmanship for 5 cruiser wheels that were badly aged. 380 for the 5 incl fitting new Tyres that I supplied and balancing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

How many days would the paint on them need to set? Would you have to get other wheels in the mean time? I did a bit of a DIY paint job on one of my alloys as I damaged the paint surface when mounting a kerb one day. I didnt make a good job of it and now I just want to get it done professionally. They are not in bad state of repair but Id like to get them done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Depending on where you go and what clear coat/lacquer they use. The stuff I use dries in about 20 minutes per wheel, but some bodyshops prefer to leave it bake overnight.

The most important question is where are you based, and we can all recommend places to go then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

The most important question is where are you based, and we can all recommend places to go then.

Im based in Kerry.

Advertisement