Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The future of Man Utd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

BERBA wrote: »
    Spurs heading to wembley this weekend , united heading to blackburn:D

nice spin on spurs season as its falling apart at the seams. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Unfathomed comments from dunphy even being discussed is a joke.

Lets put a real anaylsis on it shall we.

OK United have been knocked out. For 43 minutes they were comfortable as you could be, 3-0 up, sailing. A sending off early on changed the game, and not a striker or a winger, a left back, the left back that kept ribery out of the game for 50 minutes.

So lets look at the squad.

Goalkeepers.
    Three goalkeepers that any manager would want. As your first a huge vastly experience goalkeeper with great disribution. Behind him two rock solid keeprs, one with bags of experience.

Defenders.
    Probably one of the top left backs in world football in patrice evra. A world class centre half in vidic, and a world class centre half in ferdinand who looks to be struggling. A up and coming solid defender in Johhny evans and a mostly reliable wes brown. A utility john o sea, and what can only be described as a potential filled right back in rafael. Did we all see how he dominated ribery first half, and for laughs went on powerful runs? Neville, at the end

Midfield.
    No we hit some snags. Valencia is a quality signing, Power, pace, football brain and puts in good defensive work. A really good winger. Nani, blows hot and cold, more hot this season, starting to develop his end product. Park, bit of a headless chicken but puts in tremendous work, doesnt really cut it for me though. Carrick, doesnt do anything well what a player in his position should do, needs a kick up the arse or a new club. Anderson, havnt seen enough of him consistently in the side, pacey and intelligent. Fletcher. What every midfield needs a work horse that has good disripution. Finally being recognised as a quality player. Scholes, at the end, giggs at the end. Hargreaves, un decided, hopefully can replace carrick in the role of holding midfielder. Gibbson, you can see hes being crafted into a new paul scholes.

Strikers.
    Rooney, class player dont need to comment. Berbatov, critised far too much, needs a lengthy run of time and a show of confidence from fans and manager alike, still one of the best link up men in the business. Owen, at the end. Macheda, not enough experience.

So from that, what are the problems.

A very poor Michael Carrick.
    A worrying looking Ferdinand.
    An inexperienced right back that has bags of potential.
    A lack of creativity in the middle of the park.
    Short on potent strikers outside of rooney.

Where is this crisis coming from?

To be a very strong side capable of dominating teams home and abroad, united need a creative midfielder and a striker.

To put into context.

Liverpool have a striker who should be reconsidering his move. A midfielder who has finally run out of patience, and a goalkeeper with such loyalty its refreshing. They need a WHOLESALE CHANGE in their side to compete for anything.

Chelsea have a team that capitilising on others slip ups. An aging team with some players past their best. They need wholesale changes to maintain competitiveness.

Arsenal. A great potential side. Need a striker to support the firing lines and a good winger to work on the right hand side. Also need to address the centre back and goalkeeping areas.

In comparison, United are the side who on paper look the best equipped. They need one or two signings. But even without them, they will still be competiting and have every reason to win big trophies.

Theres some interesting links and ties that might bear fruit this summer, and I wouldnt be suprised to see one big signing come in during the summer.

But united are not in crisis, united are still going to be gunning for trophies, and i still expect united to win the title this season.

I am a Leeds fan by the way, except I'm a football fan first and can put stupid passions aside to see simple facts and make clear judgements on footballing issues. United are a strong side and they really dont have anything to fear.

And to the liverpool fans who seem to be having constant pop shots throughout the forum tonight.

Theres a great saying in life that counts for football too " Get your own house in shape before you critise another"

The best striker you have had in years looks annoyed and regretful he came, and remember stated a few months back "when my contract ends i am going to move to italy, and then i have proven i can score goals in the worlds three best leagues"

Your midfield reliable no longer looks interested, constantly let down my mediocre liverpool teams.

Your manager knows even if he gets sacked, his european success in previous years will allow him walk into any bigname european job.

Your clubs state is in bits, with no really big name player wanting anything to do with it, and no big name manager probably wanting to go near it.

Your genuinely having a pop at united fans, saying, how you are still in europe. Well get used to it, cause next season you will be there in the europa league again, although this time you will have to qualify, and you might make hard work of even that easy task.

Sorry, but I had to mention that last part, as the amount of liverpool ****e talkers im hearing lately is unreal.

My team was walking away with league 1 until they hit a horrible run of form which sees them now down in 4th position from being 12 points clear at the top, and atleast we can still be decent and have accurate outlooks on football.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Cant beat an over reaction after a match. They may still go on to win there fourth premier league on the trot. Get a grip people christ. Judge at the end of season & only then

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Can I ask United fans what the future does hold? I presume the reason you guys start turning up with Norwich scafs at your home games is because you realise the financial situation at the club isn't great so money might not be there.
    Given half of them turn up with their AIG shirts on at the same time I don't think they're entirely clear on the message they're trying to send out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

TheDoc wrote: »

OK United have been knocked out. For 43 minutes they were comfortable as you could be, 3-0 up, sailing. A sending off early on changed the game, and not a striker or a winger, a left back, the left back that kept ribery out of the game for 50 minutes.

Goalkeepers.
    Three goalkeepers that any manager would want. As your first a huge vastly experience goalkeeper with great disribution. Behind him two rock solid keeprs, one with bags of experience.

Defenders.
    Probably one of the top left backs in world football in patrice evra. A world class centre half in vidic, and a world class centre half in ferdinand who looks to be struggling. A up and coming solid defender in Johhny evans and a mostly reliable wes brown. A utility john o sea, and what can only be described as a potential filled right back in rafael. Did we all see how he dominated ribery first half, and for laughs went on powerful runs? Neville, at the end

Midfield.
    No we hit some snags. Valencia is a quality signing, Power, pace, football brain and puts in good defensive work. A really good winger. Nani, blows hot and cold, more hot this season, starting to develop his end product. Park, bit of a headless chicken but puts in tremendous work, doesnt really cut it for me though. Carrick, doesnt do anything well what a player in his position should do, needs a kick up the arse or a new club. Anderson, havnt seen enough of him consistently in the side, pacey and intelligent. Fletcher. What every midfield needs a work horse that has good disripution. Finally being recognised as a quality player. Scholes, at the end, giggs at the end. Hargreaves, un decided, hopefully can replace carrick in the role of holding midfielder. Gibbson, you can see hes being crafted into a new paul scholes.

Strikers.
    Rooney, class player dont need to comment. Berbatov, critised far too much, needs a lengthy run of time and a show of confidence from fans and manager alike, still one of the best link up men in the business. Owen, at the end. Macheda, not enough experience.

What part of 'future' do you not understand?

goalkeepers - as stated, VDS is a very good keeper. But how long does he have left? 2 seasons? Maybe. You're rock solid back-ups are anything but rock solid. They are ok as back ups.

defenders - you basically said what I said, except you elevated Ferdinand to best in the world and said the young lad had bags of potential. He may well have potential, but as a defender, he has shown no sign of it.

midfield - again, more or less what I said except, Anderson is brainless. And Valencia has no power, that is more or less all he is missing. - maybe finishing too.

strikers - one great striker, one dud, one crock and a few young fellas.

I won't grace the rest of your post with a reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

And Valencia has no power,
    Lol. Stop now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Sorry to see Man united lose, I would have liked to see them go
    and get revenge on Barça.

UEFA may as well go ahead and scrape the FC Barcelona inscription on the trophy now....

done deal ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

looks at the op

Aidric wrote: »
    Lol. Stop now.

333dgs4.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

What part of 'future' do you not understand?

goalkeepers - as stated, VDS is a very good keeper. But how long does he have left? 2 seasons? Maybe. You're rock solid back-ups are anything but rock solid. They are ok as back ups.

defenders - you basically said what I said, except you elevated Ferdinand to best in the world and said the young lad had bags of potential. He may well have potential, but as a defender, he has shown no sign of it.

midfield - again, more or less what I said except, Anderson is brainless. And Valencia has no power, that is more or less all he is missing. - maybe finishing too.

strikers - one great striker, one dud, one crock and a few young fellas.

The Cuckoo's Nest is that way<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Valencia is good player, need good team around him, him and rooney only two stars u got, Nani thinks he is best in the world, someone pinch him he's dreaming,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭LeeroyJones

TheDoc wrote: »

Goalkeepers.

Defenders.

Midfield.

Strikers.

So from that, what are the problems.

A very poor Michael Carrick.
    A worrying looking Ferdinand.
    An inexperienced right back that has bags of potential.
    A lack of creativity in the middle of the park.
    Short on potent strikers outside of rooney.

Where is this crisis coming from?

To be a very strong side capable of dominating teams home and abroad, united need a creative midfielder and a striker.

To put into context.

Liverpool have a striker who should be reconsidering his move. A midfielder who has finally run out of patience, and a goalkeeper with such loyalty its refreshing. They need a WHOLESALE CHANGE in their side to compete for anything.

Chelsea have a team that capitilising on others slip ups. An aging team with some players past their best. They need wholesale changes to maintain competitiveness.

Arsenal. A great potential side. Need a striker to support the firing lines and a good winger to work on the right hand side. Also need to address the centre back and goalkeeping areas.

In comparison, United are the side who on paper look the best equipped. They need one or two signings. But even without them, they will still be competiting and have every reason to win big trophies.

Theres some interesting links and ties that might bear fruit this summer, and I wouldnt be suprised to see one big signing come in during the summer.

But united are not in crisis, united are still going to be gunning for trophies, and i still expect united to win the title this season.

I am a Leeds fan by the way, except I'm a football fan first and can put stupid passions aside to see simple facts and make clear judgements on footballing issues. United are a strong side and they really dont have anything to fear.

And to the liverpool fans who seem to be having constant pop shots throughout the forum tonight.

Theres a great saying in life that counts for football too " Get your own house in shape before you critise another"

The best striker you have had in years looks annoyed and regretful he came, and remember stated a few months back "when my contract ends i am going to move to italy, and then i have proven i can score goals in the worlds three best leagues"

Your midfield reliable no longer looks interested, constantly let down my mediocre liverpool teams.

Your manager knows even if he gets sacked, his european success in previous years will allow him walk into any bigname european job.

Your clubs state is in bits, with no really big name player wanting anything to do with it, and no big name manager probably wanting to go near it.

Your genuinely having a pop at united fans, saying, how you are still in europe. Well get used to it, cause next season you will be there in the europa league again, although this time you will have to qualify, and you might make hard work of even that easy task.

Sorry, but I had to mention that last part, as the amount of liverpool ****e talkers im hearing lately is unreal.

My team was walking away with league 1 until they hit a horrible run of form which sees them now down in 4th position from being 12 points clear at the top, and atleast we can still be decent and have accurate outlooks on football.

+1
    Spoken with a knowledge of football

I had to turn Dunphy and his nonsense off. Its bizarre how many people listen to him and regurgitate the rubbish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,519 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Thanks and what is wrong with the post?

Yes, I watch football, do you?

Tonight was a beating by a poor, poor team.

How are you informing your final point?

It was a dissapointing night, but you're panning of almost the entire United squad is laughable.
    I embellished what I said to make a point.
    You are reactionary, that's very clear, I just made an educated guess that you were uninformed.

Glazers Out!

nullzero wrote: »
    It was a dissapointing night, but you're panning of almost the entire United squad is laughable.
    I embellished what I said to make a point.
    You are reactionary, that's very clear, I just made an educated guess that you were uninformed.

I didn't hear any rebuttals. Apart from thedoc, who more or less agreed with me, then panned me for about ten different things that I am not.

°°°°°

I didn't hear any rebuttals. Apart from thedoc, who more or less agreed with me, then panned me for about ten different things that I am not.

What are you trying to say anyway?
    Keep Rooney and sell everyone else?
    It hasn't been an amazing season compared to the previous three, but you cant always be dominant. These things happen.
    Tonight shouldn't have turned out the way it did, but it's hardly evidence that the entire United squad, most of whom have won everthing there is to win in football, are past it and should be shipped out. United aren't Real Madrid and I hope it never gets like that at United, "we didn't win everything! Sack the manager, replace the whole squad". Get a grip.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

My post wasnt aimed at you personally, but at the statement that united are in trouble?

What time frame as you looking at? 5 season? every team is going to run into problems 5 years down the line, its a stupid comment to even think they wont, your youngsters will have made the grade or not, your 22yr olds hopefully hae matured into quality 27yrs old, but your middle aged players are at the end.

Every team has a transition over a 5 year period, so if you think otherwise, i wont grace you with a response.

My point is the current united crop are fine and will be contending for trophies. They just need to replace the old with some new faces from the youths, and drop the duds for new signings.

And saying Valencia has no power is, wow......thats a serious downfall on your part mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

Not normally a man for posting dumb images as a reply.

But:

doomed.jpg

What are you trying to say anyway?
    Keep Rooney and sell everyone else?
    It hasn't been an amazing season compared to the previous three, but you cant always be dominant. These things happen.
    Tonight shouldn't have turned out the way it did, but it's hardly evidence that the entire United squad, most of whom have won everthing there is to win in football, are past it and should be shipped out. United aren't Real Madrid and I hope it never gets like that at United, "we didn't win everything! Sack the manager, replace the whole squad". Get a grip.

I'm saying that, looking at the squad, the ages of their better players, the talent of the younger ones, and so on... that these are worrying times to be a fan of the uniteds of manchester.

Despite three leagues in a row, they haven't been dominant. This season has been the worst in a while. United are only second. Lost 7 games and are second. 2 points behind. A good united team would be 10-12 clear.

Who mentioned sacking anyone? Or selling anyone. Players need to be bought. Sooner rather than later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

This was not too bad of an article. Ignoring the obvious flaws (in reality all 4 will buy and sell a lot over the period) it shows United have plenty to look forward to. I am too tired and PO'd b the game to make an effort writing out a proper reply. So Norman Hubbard's will do :D

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=706921&cc=5739

°°°°°

I'm saying that, looking at the squad, the ages of their better players, the talent of the younger ones, and so on... that these are worrying times to be a fan of the uniteds of manchester.

Despite three leagues in a row, they haven't been dominant. This season has been the worst in a while. United are only second. Lost 7 games and are second. 2 points behind. A good united team would be 10-12 clear.

Who mentioned sacking anyone? Or selling anyone. Players need to be bought. Sooner rather than later.

Signings do need to be made.
    Midfield in particular. It might also be time to bid farewell to Berbatov in favour of a more effective striker, but the reality of the siuation isn't consistent with what you're OP said.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

BUT WHAT ABOUT ALL THE £30M PLAYERS?!

Signing do need to be made.
    Midfield in particular. It might also be time to bid farewell to Berbatov in favour of a more effective striker, but the reality of the siuation isn't consistent with what you're OP said.

Which ones don't you agree with then?

Or did you just see a post about your beloved team that play in england and take it as a personal sleight?

what does that say for the other clubs of the Premier League then?

a so-called poor united squad is going toe-to-toe with the very best in England and coming out on top more often than not..... if that's the case, it's not the United fans who need to worry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Despite three leagues in a row, they haven't been dominant.

That's a beaut right there. :o

what does that say for the other clubs of the Premier League then?

a so-called poor united squad is going toe-to-toe with the very best in England and coming out on top more often than not..... if that's the case, it's not the United fans who need to worry

None reached the semi's of the champions league. Go figure.

d22ontour wrote: »

They've been pushed to the pin of their collar by Liverpool once, and Chelsea.
    Hardly dominant.
    Last year they were beaten by all (I think) of their main rivals.
    Hardly dominant.

Taken assunder by Barca last year in the EC final.
    Hardly dominant.
    One pen kick away from losing the previous one.
    Hardly dominant.

You're one of those 'show us your medals' types, aren't you?

d22ontour wrote: »

10, 11, 12 years subscribing to Sky Sports......

°°°°°

Hardly dominant.
    Hardly dominant.

Hardly dominant.
    Hardly dominant.

You're a strange strange man.
    Start many fights in empty houses?

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

questioning the future of Man Utd?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

n00b wrote:
    31Corry Evans - first name is corry. prob a ponce.

that was pretty funny though

• Advertisement

Hardly dominant.
    Hardly dominant.

Hardly dominant.
    Hardly dominant.

Won the League by 6 points in 07
    Won the League by 2 points in 08 as well as having a full Champions League campaign
    Won the League by 4 points in 09 as well as having a full Champions League campaign again

that's pretty impressive. Perhaps not as dominant as you would define but only a top top side with top players and backround setup could achieve what United have in the last few years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

On what other criteria are you supposed to judge success in football? It is not gynastics in the Olympics. There are no judges. Name on the trophy is all that matters. United's name has happened to be on trophies quite a lot recently.

Whether you like it or not, 3 leagues in a row is dominant. No team ever flukes a league (best team comes out on top in a league format), 2 in a row in unbelievable, 3 in a row is almost unheard of. Now they are going for an unprecedented 4 in a row. Losing a European Cup final last year does not make them a bad team. Losing tonight in part due to a red card does not make them a bad team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Despite being OTT, the OP does have the right idea in terms of questioning the future for United.

Without any money and having aging players in key positions, it's certainly not ludicrous to ask where thye go from here.

Seems a lot of folk would rather post 'funny' pictures than entertain the thought that there might be a bit of bother ahead.

city fan backs the op

shocker

Won the League by 6 points in 07
    Won the League by 2 points in 08 as well as having a full Champions League campaign
    Won the League by 4 points in 09 as well as having a full Champions League campaign again

that's pretty impressive. Perhaps not as dominant as you would define but only a top top side with top players and backround setup could achieve what United have in the last few years

but not dominant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

but not dominant.

so what

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Utd fan on the defence as Moneybags City fan comments shocker.

and on and on and on till the wee small hours....

On what other criteria are you supposed to judge success in football? It is not gynastics in the Olympics. There are no judges. Name on the trophy is all that matters. United's name has happened to be on trophies quite a lot recently.

Whether you like it or not, 3 leagues in a row is dominant. No team ever flukes a league (best team comes out on top in a league format), 2 in a row in unbelievable, 3 in a row is almost unheard of. Now they are going for an unprecedented 4 in a row. Losing a European Cup final last year does not make them a bad team. Losing tonight in part due to a red card does not make them a bad team.
    success is what it is.
    dominance is something else.

for example...Bayern beat man united on away goals tonight - success for Bayern.
    Barca dominated Arsenal last night.

If you can't understand that, I can just stick you on ignore.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Headshot wrote: »
    city fan backs the op

shocker

hes got a point though. is this not the same hypocrisy thats levelled at me when i call out the blatent trolling on liverpool based threads?

frankly, i think utd is too well a run business for them to be out of the question in the future. there may be a lull for a few seasons but they will certainly be competitive when it comes down to winning trophies. to write them off like dunphy has done is very naive of how these businesses are run

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Despite being OTT, the OP does have the right idea in terms of questioning the future for United.

Without any money and having aging players in key positions, it's certainly not ludicrous to ask where thye go from here.

Seems a lot of folk would rather post 'funny' pictures than entertain the thought that there might be a bit of bother ahead.

but this is the problem for most clubs.

everyone's in debt, bar a select few.

Utd could still win the league quite easily this season.

any talk of their demise is premature, and IMO it's mad to entertain it after one bad week. it's not a trend, or a demise yet. it's merely a bad week for the moment.

Headshot wrote: »
    city fan backs the op

shocker

United fan buries head in the sand and avoids question.

Shocker

but not dominant.

this thread has gone around and around in circles so im going to park it here with one question,

By your definition of 'dominant'... has any team ever been dominant in the EPL?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I agree with this. And Headshot, the beautiful irony is you yourself have serious doubts about if United have any money and why they are continuing to rely on a some players who are either not good enough or approaching their sell by date. this certainly merits conversation, not quite in the overly dramatic way the op went about it though!

SlickRic wrote: »

any talk of their demise is premature, and IMO it's mad to entertain it after one bad week. it's not a trend, or a demise yet. it's merely a bad week for the moment.

Indeed, and they have come out of simar slumps, for want of a better word, before.

However that was in large part due to the core group of homegrown talent that has been there for 15 years or so. What happens when they're gone? That safety net won't be there.

Jazzy wrote: »
    hes got a point though. is this not the same hypocrisy thats levelled at me when i call out the blatent trolling on liverpool based threads?

frankly, i think utd is too well a run business for them to be out of the question in the future. there may be a lull for a few seasons but they will certainly be competitive when it comes down to winning trophies. to write them off like dunphy has done is very naive of how these businesses are run

Nothing lasts forever.
    It has to start somewhere.
    Why did Liverpool suddenly go from champs to also rans.

There is a deficiency in united's squad that hasn't been there for a long time.
    And this time, they don't have money to throw at it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

SlickRic wrote: »

But those select few are the ones challenging United. Arsenal, chelsea and city all have far better financial situations then United. I didn't think United were in bad shape but when I see United fans saying Carrick isn't good enough to play for them and should be sold I'm wondering who will replace him? They probably can't afford a top class player and I can't see anyone in the squad who better then him. Giggs and scholes are past there best, anderson and gibson aren't close to being good enough.

United buries head in the sand and avoids question.

Shocker
    not buriedd in the sand at all, iv commented on this numerous times in the utd thread but we saw a young team tonight which peformed quite admiral
    the only oldies were the cb & goalie but we have replacement for the cb
    Mr Alan wrote: »
    I agree with this. And Headshot, the beautiful irony is you yourself have serious doubts about if United have any money and why they are continuing to rely on a some players who are either not good enough or approaching their sell by date. this certainly merits conversation, not quite in the overly dramatic way the op went about it though!

of course you agree, he's your buddy after all.

Jazzy wrote: »
    they have also failed to kick out the most blatent trolls on this forum for a good 3/4 years. maybe if they got rid of the old trolls people wouldnt emulate then and we wouldnt be seeing threads that are largely constructed by someone droolling on a keyboard ?
    if only

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Just to inform you, in 1999, United won the league by a point. In 2008, they won the league by 2. Moronic doesn't quite do justice to this thread or your posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Mr Alan wrote: »

Man City will be definitely spending in the summer
    Chelsea will be spending
    Arsenal will spend if Wenger wants to
    Will Man United spend? Will they have the money to improve and keep pace with the above? I'm not sure tbh

Its looks like United will slip down the pecking order next season. Man United fans have been trying everything to get this thread locked because they dont want to discuss the problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Dempsey wrote: »
    Its looks like United will slip down the pecking order next season.

Same was said last season as it has been said many seasons before that.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement