Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The future of Man Utd

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Pro. F wrote: »
    not nearly as many as we had this season. Not even slightly close.

What exactly are these injuries, to whom, how long has the player been out and how does it compare to the other teams challenging?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

This is a thread to discuss the need for new players at man utd, or not depending on your viewpoint.

It really isn't, that's discussed in the superthread EVERY day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Take it to helpdesk.
    This is a thread to discuss the need for new players at man utd, or not depending on your viewpoint.

Why 2 threads for the same thing though

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055637826&page=472

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Every club has injury problems.
    Unless the whole team go down with long term injuries, it is not a valid excuse.
    I used the others as a foil. Chelsea have been missing arguably their most important player for most of the season
    Arsenal have been missing their best forward.

WTF ? ? ? ? :confused:

You are making no sense in the context of my post . .

Im saying Uniteds underperformance this season is not simply down to Tevez and Ronaldo leaving the club as they were not playing with united when the club had these kind of injuries. Every other club is irrelevant . . Im talking about the impact the loss of Tevez and Ronaldo has had on Manchester United . . No other club needs to be mentioned on this specific topic . .

As for somebody saying that United had similar injury problems last season, I beg to differ . . Dont remember united ever needing to play the likes of Fletcher and Carrick in defence or being without VDS for 3 months.

Also, VDS, Evans, Vidic, O'Shea and Rafael were available for most of that 11 game unbeaten period. Consistant starting defence.

IN fact, how can anybody remotely compare the injury problems united has had this season with last season. We were missing our first choice defence for the guts of three months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

lol I just realised that's there's 2 threads like this

cant wait for a sf feedback thread

Drumpot wrote: »
    WTF ? ? ? ? :confused:

You are making no sense in the context of my post . .

Im saying Uniteds underperformance this season is not simply down to Tevez and Ronaldo leaving the club as they were not playing with united when the club had these kind of injuries. Every other club is irrelevant . . Im talking about the impact the loss of Tevez and Ronaldo has had on Manchester United . . No other club needs to be mentioned on this specific topic . .

As for somebody saying that United had similar injury problems last season, I beg to differ . . Dont remember united ever needing to play the likes of Fletcher and Carrick in defence or being without VDS for 3 months.

Also, VDS, Evans, Vidic, O'Shea and Rafael were available for most of that period.

IN fact, how can anybody remotely compare the injury problems united has had this season with last season. We were missing our first choice defence for the guts of three months.
    Every club has injuries. Again, I don't understand why united's performance's have dropped when Arsenal's have improved and Chelsea's has stayed more or less the same. They've all had injuries, serious ones. Why are united's more important and why have they had such a marked effect (according to you) compared to the other two clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Dempsey wrote: »
    This summer will require more than signing one player to sort out the squad.
    No it won't. One good quality cm, maybe another younger potential talent as well, and this team would be competing with the very best.
    We have one of the best defences in the world when you consider strength in depth. One of the top strikers in world football with some good back up and youth supporting across the attack. All being organised and motivated by one of the best managers in the history of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

I treat the Man U superthread as a thread for United supporters and don't wish to bother them with my sound, well reasoned logic, so i think two threads is a good idea. But, i don't make the rules, i don't even backseat mod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Drumpot wrote: »

And all the second choice defenders as well save for Fabio, an almost totally untested youngster.

• Advertisement

Pro. F wrote: »
    No it won't. One good quality cm, maybe another younger potential talent as well, and this team would be competing with the very best.
    We have one of the best defences in the world when you consider strength in depth. One of the top strikers in world football with some good back up and youth supporting across the attack. All being organised and motivated by one of the best managers in the history of the game.

No they won't. That's the kind of thing I hear from Liverpool fans every summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

What exactly are these injuries, to whom, how long has the player been out and how does it compare to the other teams challenging?

Well heres the injuries from November to Feb
    http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/clubs/14/manchester_united_injuries.html
    Rafael Injury Calf Muscle Strain 2010 February 28th
    Michael Owen Injury Hamstring Injury 2010 February 28th
    Anderson Injury ACL Knee Injury 2010 February 23rd
    Rio Ferdinand Injury Sciatica 2010 February 23rd
    Ryan Giggs Injury Broken Wrist (colles) 2010 February 10th
    Dimitar Berbatov Injury Knee Injury 2010 January 1st
    Ben Foster Injury Back Injury 2009 December 19th
    Paul Scholes Injury Hip/Thigh Injury 2009 December 19th
    Nemanja Vidic Injury Calf Muscle Strain 2009 December 18th
    Ryan Giggs Injury Hamstring Injury 2009 December 12th
    Nani Injury Ankle/Foot Injury 2009 December 8th
    Wes Brown Injury Hamstring Injury 2009 December 5th
    Gary Neville Injury Groin Strain 2009 December 5th
    Wayne Rooney Injury Hamstring Injury 2009 December 5th
    Federico Macheda Injury Hamstring Injury 2009 December 5th
    Rafael Injury Ankle/Foot Injury 2009 December 5th
    Nemanja Vidic Injury Virus 2009 December 4th
    Edwin Van Der Sar Injury Knee Injury 2009 November 22nd
    John O'Shea Injury Thigh Muscle Strain 2009 November 18th
    Fabio Injury Groin Strain 2009 November 14th
    Jonny Evans Injury Calf Muscle Strain 2009 November 14th
    Michael Carrick Injury Thigh Muscle Strain 2009 November 13th
    With the exception of Evra thats pretty much the entire 1st and 2nd choice defence in there so if you think other teams hit that level youre talking through your arse

edit:thought i formatted that better.Odd.Sorry for the mess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

No they won't. That's the kind of thing I hear from Liverpool fans every summer.

Sound. You're entirely correct, everyone else is wrong. Debate over yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Did you miss the first post of the thread? You think that's alright yeah? I thought we were posting under these terms:

Nothing provocative or controversial in the OP's post then?

As I said, the idea of the thread has merits if discussed.

Strange how not one person reported the OP considering it's that bad.

Well heres the injuries from November to Feb
    http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/clubs/14/manchester_united_injuries.html

With the exception of Evra thats pretty much the entire 1st and 2nd choice defence in there so if you think other teams hit that level youre talking through your arse

edit:thought i formatted that better.Odd.Sorry for the mess

They were all injured at the same time, were they and for 5 months?

You know what, if they are the players that were missing and you think that's the reason that united are average without Rooney, I think you've made my point for me.
    United are in big trouble.

Xavi6 wrote: »

Even if such a thread already exists? You've made a rod for your back now.

• Advertisement

Read the whole of my post including what i quoted ffs. I'm not talking about what you think.

Well considering the fact that you've seen the OP now and done nothing about it......kinda proves everyone was right not to bother reporting it in the first place doesn't it?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

They were all injured at the same time, were they and for 5 months?

You know what, if they are the players that were missing and you think that's the reason that united are average without Rooney, I think you've made my point for me.
    United are in big trouble.

Where do these sh!t-stirrers come out of?

Yes a good chunk were injured at the same time or at alternating times over those 4 months(learn to count).It was months before both vidic and ferdinand started together.
    That list contains one of the best defenses in the league so I dont see what point ive made.Plus who mentioned Rooney?
    You musta grown a second arse to talk through after wasting your usual one on the OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Wouldn't we be reporting it to mods who deem it acceptable which seems like a waste of time.

Is the message to be learned from all this that discussing Rafa's future is not allowed on this board until the summer yet discussion of United and Fergie's future is fair game?

If so, what's wrong with discussing Liverpool if it has merits? The funny thing is the threads locked which concerned Liverpool don't appear to have been wind-up attempts in the actual post whereas this one blatantly was and yet is allowed.

You know if you were in our shoes you'd find it absurd.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Brandy - hasn't been the same since Monica died.

You'll be relived to hear that Monica is grand, at least according to wiki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monica_%28entertainer%29

• Advertisement

No, in Liverpool's case a few additions and they might be competing for the league. United are already competing for the league as usual.

jaykay74 wrote: »
    You'll be relived to hear that Monica is grand, at least according to wiki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monica_%28entertainer%29

I've been horribly misinformed.

Delighted for Monica. A real boon to her, living.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

I've been horribly misinformed.

Delighted for Monica. A real boon to her, living.

Joke account?

Not to mention the fact that one of the first people to reply to the thread is a mod, so it was obvious it had already come to their attention and condoned by him.

Osu wrote: »
    Joke account?

Don't know, haven't read your posts.

I lol'd.

Your name suggests where your posts should be.

How this thread is still up is crazy.

Who do you support btw?

I lol'd.

Your name suggests where your posts should be.

How this thread is still up is crazy.

Who do you support btw?

I am a fan of football.
    Nobody specifically.

I am a fan of football.
    Nobody specifically.

ABU?

Don't football fans usually watch football?

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Brilliant reply. I literally lol'd at it.

ABU?

Don't football fans usually watch football?

Oh, I've watched football all over...

Brogans on Dame Street, Devitts on Wexford Street, The Woolshed on Parnell Street, and so on

Maradona, Messi, George O'Callaghan, I've seen all the greats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

BERBA wrote: »
    Spurs heading to wembley this weekend , united heading to blackburn:D

Oh Sweet Jaysus! You've repeated it that many times on this forum at this stage, you actually believe the Wembley game is more important.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Oh, I've watched football all over...

Brogans on Dame Street, Devitts on Wexford Street, The Woolshed on Parnell Street, and so on

Maradona, Messi, George O'Callaghan, I've seen all the greats.

Oh, those Brazilians, you know? Circa 1970? Broke the mould. Theory out the window. Free expression of football. Uncategorisable. Is that a word? It is now! You know? Far cry from small boys in the park, jumpers for goalposts. Rush goalie. Two at the back, three in the middle, four up front, one's gone home for his tea. Beans on toast? Possibly, don't quote me on that. Marvellous.

Wouldn't we be reporting it to mods who deem it acceptable which seems like a waste of time.

Is the message to be learned from all this that discussing Rafa's future is not allowed on this board until the summer yet discussion of United and Fergie's future is fair game?

If so, what's wrong with discussing Liverpool if it has merits? The funny thing is the threads locked which concerned Liverpool don't appear to have been wind-up attempts in the actual post whereas this one blatantly was and yet is allowed.

You know if you were in our shoes you'd find it absurd.
    Rafa's future has been dsicussed numerous times.

I take the point about he OP. The thread topic itslf is very much legitimate IMO. If all the reasonable and rational posts were in a seperate thread where discussion could prosper would the objections still be there?

The thread topic itslf is very much legitimate IMO. If all the reasonable and rational posts were in a seperate thread where discussion could prosper would the objections still be there?

Embarrassed that I'm having to do this but........

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055795200

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    I treat the Man U superthread as a thread for United supporters and don't wish to bother them with my sound, well reasoned logic, so i think two threads is a good idea. But, i don't make the rules, i don't even backseat mod.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Thanks everyone for an entertaining read...

United fans are ok having a go at other teams and their fans but when something bad is said about united they cry foul...

If you can't take it...don't dish it out

My take on this... Fergie done at united? Not for another season or two.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    United fans are ok having a go at other teams and their fans but when something bad is said about united they cry foul...

If you can't take it...don't dish it out

What a fùcking idiotic statement. What about the United fans (myself included) who are extremely critical of the FEW United fans who troll other teams' threads? Do we deserve to be subjected to this shìte as well?

Ok thread closed. The merits behind it make for good discussion, the way the OP went about it isn't, not to mention his subsequent posts.

The other thread will stay open for discussion as it is a worthy topic right now.

Just a reminder - sweeping statements about other fans are never welcome.

Cheers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement