Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fast Broadband

• 07-04-2010 10:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I'm currently living in Killiney, and I believe I'm connected to the Rochestown exchange.

I'm looking to get fast broadband, as I download tonnes of stuff off the internet, and I find 3mb (the most vodafone are willing to offer) is way to slow.

I don't really understand the whole "unbundling business", but is there any estimation to when the Rochestown exchange will be unbundled and I'll be able to get 24mb broadband?

Also, is there any other alternative? UPC(NTL) won't offer me broadband either based on my area (Is there anywhere to see there upgrade plans), Is my thoery right that If I can get UPC broadband my exchange is irrelevant as it's connected through television ?

cheers,

Kevin.

Advertisement