Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is there a new roundabout in Oranmore?

Options
  • 07-04-2010 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

the one just as you approch oranmore from clarinbridge, it has no exits bar one into a guys house useless he's FF member or counciller.. lol, and 500m up the road is a very dangerous and busy junction into oranmore

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

skullzxr wrote: »
    the one just as you approch oranmore from clarinbridge, it has no exits bar one into a guys house useless he's FF member or counciller.. lol, and 500m up the road is a very dangerous and busy junction into oranmore

The plan down the line is open that into Oran Hill I beleive. Not sure why its not progressing, i guess there looking for more land for housing there! as if there is not enough!

Then again, where is the new galway limerick motorway coming in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

The connecting road and proposed development off that roundabout are to be built be the developers with that junction either being closed off (daft idea) or becoming a left turn only from Oranmore (the sensible decision).

Was always a crazy decision to build the roundabout there, why not put it where the current junction is?

I would imagine it will be a good few years before any connecting roads are put in place, hopefully by then the Galway Limerick motorway will be built taking a lot of traffic off that road

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah if they only would have opened that road from the RB into Oran, as it is now it's impossible to get onto the road from the Clogh Og T-junction in between the RB and the other Dublin RB.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 oranmoregal

that was supposed to take the traffic along past Oranhill and out to Maree.. but of course developers have no money any more to finish the job...

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

skullzxr wrote: »
    that was well planed out by some one on a computer at the county council:rolleyes:.what a waste of money. at night its even more a hazzard.there should be a bit of light at that juntion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 oranmoregal

well planned?? Do you know, I'd love to meet someone who works in "planning" here and tell them what I think of their efforts. Do you think they have to take proper planning qualifications at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

well planned?? Do you know, I'd love to meet someone who works in "planning" here and tell them what I think of their efforts. Do you think they have to take proper planning qualifications at all?
    it looks like as if they put it there by mistake or it was the day off for idiot who said to put the left over roundabout where it is:D:D:D. there was no thought put into the said round about. i dont know of any planner, anyway i dont think they would make it widely known who they are .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭yer man!

http://www.galway.ie/en/Services/Planning/DevelopmentPlans/LocalAreaPlans/AdoptedPlans/OranmoreLocalAreaPlan/filestable/TheFile,6937,en.jpg
    Good map of plan of oranmore with this new maree road, the roundabout would connect into a part of the oanhill road and then onto the maree road where it would connect onto the existing maree road about half way down just where the improved section of the maree road begins. Dunno when this road will be completed but it's badly needed anyway. Plus see there'll be a new road to the west parallel to main street going aroun the new tesco starting from the bridge and connecting into castle road.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

tred wrote: »
    Then again, where is the new galway limerick motorway coming in?

Not happening, but there's a Limerick to Tuam Motorway that will cross the M4 at Rathmorrisy near Athenry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

yer man! wrote: »
    http://www.galway.ie/en/Services/Planning/DevelopmentPlans/LocalAreaPlans/AdoptedPlans/OranmoreLocalAreaPlan/filestable/TheFile,6937,en.jpg
    Good map of plan of oranmore with this new maree road, the roundabout would connect into a part of the oanhill road and then onto the maree road where it would connect onto the existing maree road about half way down just where the improved section of the maree road begins. Dunno when this road will be completed but it's badly needed anyway. Plus see there'll be a new road to the west parallel to main street going aroun the new tesco starting from the bridge and connecting into castle road.

The road off the 'roundabout' to the Maree road was to be built at the same time as a new housing development went up in that area. That development has been refused planning a few times now so god knows when that road will get built as the council cant afford it as the Developers were to pay for the road

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 3curiosity3

As far as I am aware the current roundabout is going to lead in towards the housing estates, where there will be another roundabout between Oranhill and Coill Clocha, this will allow traffic to come from the estates to this roundabout and will join the main road at Lidl.

The dangerous junction at the Limerick road will then be closed.

I have heard that this system was designed because of the long journey from the estates at Oranhill onto the Maree Rd to the village, especially if walking, and it has yet to be put in place because of a lack of funding.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Looks like work again on this site beside tesco...some say its aldi.
    Will they finish the castle rd link too?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 zeitner

Doom wrote: »
    Looks like work again on this site beside tesco...some say its aldi.
    Will they finish the castle rd link too?

It is Aldi but the entrance will be on the Tesco side and not the Castle side. Plans for lot of townhouses and apartments in beside Aldi also.

Advertisement