Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Repairing the iPod headphone jack yourself.

• 07-04-2010 11:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have an iPod classic 80gb and it is one of the recent enough ones, i.e, silver and plays videos etc. Anyway I've had it for over 1 year now so it is past its guarantee. The headphone input at the top is on the fritz so sound is only getting through one headphone unless I tweak it in place (which is obviously hard to do while on the move). Anyway a friend had the same problem a while back and he just purchased a new headphone input piece on ebay and replaced it himself following online tutorials. Apparently it is a common enough problem and the spare part itself is only about €7 to buy. However it does involve opening the iPod up and taking out the old bit which if done wrong could break the iPod :eek: Bloody thing is like a part of me and I sure as hell can't afford a new one so want to be very careful before rushing in to fixing it myself. I just reckon this is the only real option as sending it off to apple will probably cost loads and takes ages. So, anyone ever had to do this job themselves, or perhaps know of any trustworthy ipod repair people around Dublin?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭sxt

Sometimes you can carefully wedge a small piece of paper/rubber etc. down the headphone jack to relieve this problem. I remember doing that on my old walkman

Video tutorials and other guides all over google if you need them. I would guess that it is easy to do if you are patient and follow the steps

Advertisement