Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legal requirements when letting out your house ?

Options
  • 07-04-2010 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

Would anyone know what are the legal requirements when letting out your house ?

I'm thinking of approaching agencies to ask if they would advertise and let out my house , but am just wondering if you have to make sure the house is all fixed up and with its BER certificate and everything first, or are there agencies that do all that for you and deduct it from the rent.

In terms of plumbing, the house has 1 tap and 1 radiator not working, and I am wondering do I need to fix them first, or can I just tell the letting agency, and they organise it to get fixed and deduct it from the rent.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

It is up to you, the landlord, to ensure that the premises is suitable for habitation. If there are problems, then you should get these fixed before attempting to let it.

Otherwise, people will see the place, and not take it (due to problems you haven't fixed), so you won't have any rent money to fix the problems with.

Just get the problems fixed, get your BER cert and then approach a letting agent.

Advertisement