Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Therapy?

Options
  • 07-04-2010 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭

Just noticed that Therapy? are gonna be playing troublegum in its entirety at Sonisphere UK to commemorate its 20 year anniversary! 20 years?? Jesus!

Anyway, anybody know of any irish gigs for them? Was hoping they were gonna be at Rock Am Ring but doesnt look likely now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

emtroche wrote: »
    Just noticed that Therapy? are gonna be playing troublegum in its entirety at Sonisphere UK to commemorate its 20 year anniversary! 20 years?? Jesus!

Anyway, anybody know of any irish gigs for them? Was hoping they were gonna be at Rock Am Ring but doesnt look likely now.

Always remember seein them at The Ozzfest in Milton Keynes, Korn pulled out a few days before (lame excuse) and Therapy? were drafted in, best band of day for me.

Is it really 20yrs, damn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Troublegum was released in 1994 so the 20 year anniversary will have to wait a few years yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Just thinking the same thing Rockee, remember buying it the day it was released. Great record. The band are together 20 years I think.
    Haven't heard any of their last 3 albums any good these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭emtroche

buck65 wrote: »
    The band are together 20 years I think.

Actually that'd make more sense alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Yeah was trying to figure that out myself. That Ozzfest was in 1998, so only 12 years ago. It was a great gig. Just remember a mexican wave going round & round during some band. Can't remember who - Foo Fighters maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Therapy? played the Academy last May so don't see them playing an other gig soon, but ya never know. Would be great to see them play all of Trouble Gum though.

Just thinking the same thing Rockee, remember buying it the day it was released. Great record. The band are together 20 years I think.

I couldnt tell ya buck! Think the last time I heard them was with that 'Church Of Noise' single in about '97??? 'Troublegum' still sounds fresh as a daisy though!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Rockee wrote: »
    Troublegum was released in 1994 so the 20 year anniversary will have to wait a few years yet!
    I was just going to say that, I remember buying that album and it was the same year I did my Junior Cert so I didn't want to end up feeling even older than I really am :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

/Goes to dig out troublegum for the 1st time in 10 years :eek: A truly forgotten gem from my youth. Remember seeing a video on that show that used be on rte 2 back then and bleading with my mam for a 10er to get the tape. Think the video was trigger inside, only realised they were irish after I got it :o

Saw them that year @ sunstroke in dalymount pk. What a day that was.

I would think there would be a show here soon enough, and what a treat hearing trouble gum.

I vaguely remember this video. Funny as, until I went searching for it, I didn't even realise one existed :)

• Advertisement

That gig in Dalymount was great alright, I remember Helmet were on the bill and the guitarist from Helmet joined Therapy? for "Unbeliever".
    Saw them at the Wittness festival (now Oxygen) in the late 90s. Also saw them on the Troublegum tour in Leisureland in Galway, good gig too , but my favourite ever gig was catching them before Semi- Detached in a bar in Limerick, where they played to about 250 people.
    Suicide Pact was a decent album, after that I lost track of them a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Danco

Suicide Pact was a decent album, after that I lost track of them a bit.

I think a lot of people lost track of them between Semi-detached and Suicide Pact. I think the band themselves realise that. It's a real shame aswell because in my opinion Suicide Pact is easily their best album. I think the last two albums have been pretty weak, but I saw them at the Academy show last year and they were still great live. They played some really old stuff too which was brilliant including Summer of Hate (amazing). They just played 3 live shows in London a week or so ago that were recorded for a live album that's coming out in the summer. I just hope they remember to turn up the bass this time around, the mix on the Scopophobia dvd was dire.

Infernal Love seemed to have been the record that turned off alot of fans expecting to hear Troublegum pt 2. Personally I like Infernal Love ,as flawed as it was.
    Nurse, Babyteeth and Pleasuredeath were all class releases though.
    I like Semi Detached alot too, clean production punchy songs. I really have a thing for the "weird" side of Therapy?. Songs like "God Kicks" and "The Boy's Asleep" are great.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Troublegum is a great album.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

I'm sorry to say, but not really that great at all.:( It seems to me that Trouble Gum is their most excellent and memorable release that they ever made.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Nurse, Babyteeth and Pleasuredeath were all class releases though.
    +10,000,000,000

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Dug out Troublegum for the car this morning thanks to this thread. :D

Have great memories of being over in Limerick from Liverpool and seeing Therapy? play in the Theatre Royal in the mid 90's, have some fuzzy recollection of Kerbdog supporting them, but it could just be a case of me seeing Kerbdog in the Savoy around the same time, as there were free gigs on a saturday at 3pm back then. I can remember the Cranberries, Kerbdog, Wilt and others playing there at the free gigs.

There was another Kilkenny band that used to come to Limerick a lot around the same time as Kerbdog, but the name is escaping me right now.

Kess73 wrote: »
    There was another Kilkenny band that used to come to Limerick a lot around the same time as Kerbdog, but the name is escaping me right now.

My Little Funhouse?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Rockee wrote: »
    My Little Funhouse?

That's them. :D

Oh my:eek:

• Advertisement

I'm sorry to say, but not really that great at all.:( It seems to me that Trouble Gum is their most excellent and memorable release that they ever made.
    I have to agree with this. While there are some other excellent songs out there on other albums like Diane off Infernal Love or Teethgrinder off Nurse, Troublegum is a collection of excellent songs. I think the last few songs on the album are a bit weak but the first 10 or so are all fantastic.

Advertisement