Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car Serviced

• 08-04-2010 12:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭

I have to get my 2003 Yaris serviced. Hasn't been serviced in 2 years.
    I am based in Dublin. Any place you can recommend to get it done? Not too pricey but someplace reliable that will do the job right. Will probably have to get them to put a new battery in for me.

Z.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Toyota dealers aren't that expensive for servicing Yariss. they have fixed price menu servicing so you'll know what jobs they do and don't do.

What's the mileage on the car?

One dealer is doing this for 150

INSPECT OR ADJUST:

* OIL & FUEL LEVELS
    * AIR FILTER
    * BRAKE PADS & DISCS
    * OIL & FLUID LEAKS
    * TYRES, CONDITION & PRESSURES
    * ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
    * ROAD TEST & REPORT

REPLACE:

* ENGINE OIL
    * OIL FILTER
    * WINDSCREEN WASHER FLUID
    * DRAIN FUEL FILTER*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

hey colm. The mileage is 70,000 miles. I saw a toyota garage online offering 155 for basic service, and 255 for full service. Don't know which one I'd need. Car hasn't been serviced in approx 2 years.
    colm_mcm wrote: »
    Toyota dealers aren't that expensive for servicing Yariss. they have fixed price menu servicing so you'll know what jobs they do and don't do.

What's the mileage on the car?

One dealer is doing this for 150

INSPECT OR ADJUST:

* OIL & FUEL LEVELS
    * AIR FILTER
    * BRAKE PADS & DISCS
    * OIL & FLUID LEAKS
    * TYRES, CONDITION & PRESSURES
    * ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
    * ROAD TEST & REPORT

REPLACE:

* ENGINE OIL
    * OIL FILTER
    * WINDSCREEN WASHER FLUID
    * DRAIN FUEL FILTER*

I doubt you'd need a huge service, would depend on what servicing the car got in the past and whether things like spark plugs were done before.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Full Service is Basically Replacing the Brake Pads as well check visually how much is left on the pads or look at the wear indicator and if braking isnt as rapid as it used to be also if there is excessive squeking when braking probably need to be changed.

• Advertisement

AFAIK brake pads are never included in a service, but on Toyotas schedule they may need to replace plugs, pollen filter, fuel filter.

Toyota major service on a Yaris would include checking or adjusting handbrake, brake linings, checking aux belts, checking cooling system, seatbelts, tyres, suspension, fuel lines, driveshafts, balljoints etc above what you'd get on a minor service for about 60 quid extra.

Advertisement