Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Mobile ***VIRUS ALERT***

Options
  • 08-04-2010 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭

All,

I have a samsung omnia 2 running windows mobile. Just now the phone has started ringing numbers that are not in my phone book automaticaly. Numbers in the states, Bangladesh Satellite phones and others

+88213213214
    +25240221601
    +1 (767) 503 3611
    +8823460777

just got all international calls barred to be safe. there is a thread on XDA developers about it but no solution as yet,

strange stuff

UPDATE:

Turns out that this is caused by a game called 3D anti terrorist downloaded from Openmarket (freewarepocketpc app). Kapersky are currently working on a fix and have identified the virus. Update from them expected in the next few hours. (the virus will not be detected with the current virus definitions.

Users with this game should get international calls barred temporarily as a precaution. Download the 30 day trial of Kapersky when the update is available and disinfect your device.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 nter

I'm 90% sure that it's caused by a game named 3d Anti Terorist. If you have it installed, then that might be the problem but I don't know if an uninstall will complete remove the virus. Kaspersky seems to detect nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

The fix for this at the moment is to do the following

Uninstall 3d anti terrorist
    delete \windows\smart32.exe
    delete \windows\Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Telephony.dll

Reboot

More on XDA developers
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=650393

Advertisement