Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Distributor Road bottle bank

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Another 50 caught at the weekend apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

eagle10 wrote: »
    It just doesn't add up always boxes and boxes of 24pk millers been dumped at night time I add I have been observing the situation for some time now and miller could not outweigh alll other beer/lager off licence sales that much???????????????????

Miller sales could easily outweigh other beer sales, mainly because of the price. I saw person recently buy 3 boxes of miller, carry them to the car and then go back for 3 more. I'm sure there are more of them around and there are 2 shops not too far away that have them on special offer all the time.

Hopefully the cctv will sort it out once and for all. Name and shame should be the way.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

camera is gone and the boxes have started to pile up already

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭dollybird2

Council can't afford the cameras apparantly so they're gone again

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭central park

With all the fines they could impose, they would pay for themselves in a few weeks!! Get them back up there now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ciotog

With all the fines they could impose, they would pay for themselves in a few weeks!! Get them back up there now!
    I doubt it, enforcement costs can often be much higher than one would expect. If you look at the lengths people will go to when they want to get off a speeding or parking fine then the same should be expected for this scheme. Then there'll probably be the complaints of over-regulation, nanny-state and being anti-business while there's a recession on (for those dumping commercial waste glass).

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'll take first watch
    Finally a reason for me to sneak around in the bushes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭sunshinyday

ciotog wrote: »
    Then there'll probably be the complaints of over-regulation, nanny-state and being anti-business while there's a recession on (for those dumping commercial waste glass).

is there evidence of commercial waste glass? or is this an assumption

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭eagle10

is there evidence of commercial waste glass? or is this an assumption

Seemingly comercial people have been seen dumping glass at other bottle banks around the city I myself have not.

Has anyone???

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭eagle10

Storm 10 wrote: »
    I was heading into town Wednesday night around 10-30pm, I was stopped at the traffic lights coming from the Monroe pub side opposite the Fire Station and there was a guy at the bottle bank there dressed in a chefs white outfit and unloading loads of bottles from a container into the bottle bank, I can only assume that he came from the restaurant opposite the bottle bank. As far as I am aware this is totally illegal as they must dispose of their bottles commercially.

Here is one account.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TristanPeter

Storm 10 wrote: »
    I was heading into town Wednesday night around 10-30pm, I was stopped at the traffic lights coming from the Monroe pub side opposite the Fire Station and there was a guy at the bottle bank there dressed in a chefs white outfit and unloading loads of bottles from a container into the bottle bank, I can only assume that he came from the restaurant opposite the bottle bank. As far as I am aware this is totally illegal as they must dispose of their bottles commercially.

I saw the exact same thing the other day at the same bottle bank. A guy in a chef's uniform was dumping all the bottles into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

ciotog wrote: »
    I doubt it, enforcement costs can often be much higher than one would expect. If you look at the lengths people will go to when they want to get off a speeding or parking fine then the same should be expected for this scheme. Then there'll probably be the complaints of over-regulation, nanny-state and being anti-business while there's a recession on (for those dumping commercial waste glass).

I remeber reading a report were litter wardens said when they do actually find some one and try to prosecute, the local TD comes around saying how such and such is a grand chap and sure you'll let him off won't you.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ciotog

dloob wrote: »
    I remeber reading a report were litter wardens said when they do actually find some one and try to prosecute, the local TD comes around saying how such and such is a grand chap and sure you'll let him off won't you.
    Ah yes, a TD promoting 'light touch regulation' on behalf of a supporter :) Don't envy the job of the litter warden - they get precious little support from any quarter.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

An interesting, and somewhat related question:

If a garda asks your name, you have to tell them and it's best to tell the truth.

If a community warden (or other similar council employee) asks your name, is there any legal obligation to tell? What can they do if you say "Pudney Tame, of 5 Down the Lane"?

Advertisement