Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can i transfer into another course at this stage?

Options
  • 08-04-2010 1:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Anybody know, or knows where to look about transferring into another course?
    Im currently in 2nd year primary teaching in Limerick, but I don't want to continue with it any further.
    Ideally I'd like to find a course in Galway, that I could transfer straight into 3rd year or else start Arts from 2nd year. I'm so confused as to where to find information?!!! Anyone know?
    I don't even know if it's possible but I don't want to think I've wasted 2 years. :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

You are in 2nd year? Is it a 3 year course? If yes it may be best to finish the course out especially if you are not having any major difficulty with it. A degree is a degree like, an Arts one is not better than a Primary Education one.

You need to contact the Admissions department of what ever colleges you are interested in attending. It may be possible to go into 2nd year but 3rd year is out I'd say. Even if you have to go into 1st year again, you will probably gain exemptions from certain modules, as long as your old college sends the relevant documentation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 to_sea

thanks roberttt, I think I will stick it out for the sake of the year and pursue something afterwards.
    I am doing one arts subject anyways (history) as part of the course.
    I'm not finding the workload too hard, just the distance from home is a bit difficult :( I think i will be on placement at home from september to december so it really only means one semester in college.
    cheers for the advice!

Advertisement