Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Left4Dead 2- can't play online?

• 08-04-2010 2:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

I bought Left4Dead 2 and can't seem to play online. I am connected to Xbox Live but when I search to join a game or even start a lobby, it just doesn't happen. Its like I'm the only person playing the game. And it isn't even a really foreign copy, I got it off Amazon. And then when I stick Left 4 dead 1 in, I can play online no problem. Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening? I only bought it to play online!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Alright, here's the deal. Valve use Official dedicated servers for L4D2, while in L4D1, it's host driven. My theory on this is, and a lot of people will agree, Valve have closed off server access for people with:-
    1) Strict Nat
    2) Low Bandwith
    3) High pings

Thus preventing anyone likely to lag the games from entering. The only things I can suggest for you is to test your NAT and ensure it's open, try and add some friends (feel free to add me) and use them as bridges, or consider changing ISP if this is a recurring problem throughout other games. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

Didn't they add official dedicated servers to the first one though? I play the first and second one a lot with friends from both Ireland and the UK, and when any of us host I always select official dedicated server. I'll double check that later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mun78

Hey i hope u can help me i have xbox 360 live playing cod mw2 since downloading the stimulus package i am unable to join live game have u any idea how to fix this ????

Advertisement