Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beards

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭MaybeLogic

Beards are awesome. Any man who doesn't want a beard is one of two things:

A) Not rugged enough to grow one
    B) A metrosexual (this is the worst kind of sexual)

C) Averse to beard-rash.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

Every week.....

Do I look pretty in my new beard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭Trashbat

NothingMan wrote: »
    My gf likes me clean shaven and fresh faced,

The real test of Manlieness is to completely ignore what your gf likes or wants*

*note: Completely Ignoring girlfriends needs and wants, while manly, may lead to cases of extreme lonliness

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Trashbat wrote: »
    The real test of Manlieness is to completely ignore what your gf likes or wants*

*note: Completely Ignoring girlfriends needs and wants, while manly, may lead to cases of extreme lonliness

It is fun to annoy the gf. Part of the reason I was growing my hair long. Then I went to the barbers and asked her to keep the length and neaten it up, and she somehow heard "short back & sides". Feckin women never listen. Now my gf thinks I did it for her!!! If she thinks she has too much control I'll never get her to do that thing I like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

Zod has a moustache and beard, do you dare knock it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

MaybeLogic wrote: »
    C) Averse to beard-rash.

That sounds very like something a metrosexual would say ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

mots like beards

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

"Beard" is latin for "awesome faced manly man with a HUGE penis!!!"

So what does that tell you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Sofaspud wrote: »
    "Beard" is latin for "awesome faced manly man with a HUGE penis!!!"

So what does that tell you?

That I don't want a 'beard' coming anywhere near my face now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

*cough*

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I grew a goatee after getting my chin cut in an accident, grew it for 2 years without trimming it, now i grow a goatee for 4-6 months then go clean shaven for a few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Pogonophobia is the fear of beards. So now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

furthest ive went is a goatee, made me look like roy keane so i shaved it off

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Contessa Raven

I love beards on men! I very rarely find bare faced men attractive. I think it's because no beard says "pre-pubescent boy".

Manly men ftw! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dylano_k

Its Beardfacé Damit !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭conorhal

I'd give it a go, but I'm a little afraid that I might get mistaken for a SIPTU offical and have the crap beaten outa me.... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

conorhal wrote: »
    I'd give it a go, but I'm a little afraid that I might get mistaken for a SIPTU offical and have the crap beaten outa me.... :p
    Well it would be an honest mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

As a woman, have to say a beard on a man is a big turn-on.

A proper beard, that is. None of that poncey goatee ****e. Anything that needs to be groomed/"designed" is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

They are for pedophiles and people who use linux.

i have a beard now.

I dont use linux you son of a ...!!

Linux.. the shame

She hates the beard.. im useing the excuse that the bathroom is been retiled, so ill drag out the job as long as i can and get a nice beard started. She'll need a chainsaw to remove it..

.. mind you, knowing her she will use the chainsaw alright, but just remove my head.

Its wuicker and will solve 2 problems in one for her :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

00112984 wrote: »
    As a woman, have to say a beard on a man is a big turn-out.

I was under the illusion that turns (in this context) were either on or off, could you tell me if a turn out is a possitive or negative thing, or do a lot of people just turn up when a beardy man is around?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

do a lot of people just turn up when a beardy man is around?

Only beard-haters.

We're here;
    we're clear;
    we don't want anymore beards

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

I was under the illusion that turns (in this context) were either on or off, could you tell me if a turn out is a possitive or negative thing, or do a lot of people just turn up when a beardy man is around?

It does happen. Wherever I go, people seem to be there!

Some even want to stroke my beard.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,997 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I don't recall ever setting out to "grow a beard" - more likely to be a case of "why did that kid start crying? Oh. " :o

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

I think any man that can grow a decent beard has an obligation to do so. A friend of mine and my brother would love to grow a beard but all they can manage, even with their best effort, is a kind of wispy, girly-beard. After about 4 weeks, my face is like a big bushy briar. My message to women is: Love Me, Love the Big-Bushy-Briar-Face. Baby. Or stick with your girly-girl man and his sissy baby-butt-smooth face.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

I grew a goatee around 3 years ago and have kept it ever since. I like it cos I have an oval face with a high forehead so it takes the general jimmy Carr-ish look off me! Only annoying thing about it is it tends to go ginger when it gets long. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭AllInOne

Beards are incredibly sexy. All men should grow them. They make men look so much older and sophisticated. :P Beards = yay.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭nehpets10

I am not into beards at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

Wasn't allowed to grow one in school, I've barely seen my chin since I was 17. Beard, goatee, tache and goatee, I've done it all at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

beards.jpg

From last week's competition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭MardiB

Nothing turns me on more than a guy with a beard who still has bits of his breakfast in it, yum!

Advertisement