Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nipple Piercing Issue

• 08-04-2010 3:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭

Hey all,
    Ok, so i'm 25/m and I've had both my nipples done for about a year now.
    Recently however i noticed my right one has gotten a bit hard and sore.
    It's been a bit crusty at the edges (which isn't completely uusual) but also the whole nipple is hard to the touch... it's like it's become more solid (and I have the other one to compare to) and it's also a bit sore too.
    Basically I'm just wondering if anyone has ever heard of this or better yet experienced it and would have any advice or suggestions as to what it could be?
    (I can go to a doctor if needs be, but i'm not too experienced with piercings, so I could be overreacting... and if it's a common thing I rather save myself the €50/60!!)

Thanks all!! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

zacseph wrote: »
    Hey all,
    Ok, so i'm 25/m and I've had both my nipples done for about a year now.
    Recently however i noticed my right one has gotten a bit hard and sore.
    It's been a bit crusty at the edges (which isn't completely uusual) but also the whole nipple is hard to the touch... it's like it's become more solid (and I have the other one to compare to) and it's also a bit sore too.
    Basically I'm just wondering if anyone has ever heard of this or better yet experienced it and would have any advice or suggestions as to what it could be?
    (I can go to a doctor if needs be, but i'm not too experienced with piercings, so I could be overreacting... and if it's a common thing I rather save myself the €50/60!!)

Thanks all!! :)
    Go back to your piercer tbh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

Ahem, your right one, you say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭zacseph

Go back to your piercer tbh

Ok... but wouldn't it be weird showing up after a year? Would he be able to help??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

zacseph wrote: »
    Ok... but wouldn't it be weird showing up after a year? Would he be able to help??

The piercer would be in the best position to be able to tell if everything is alright with the piercing.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭mcdermla

Definitely go back to your piercer, doctors don't like to be bothered with that sort of thing!
    A short-term remedy that may help is to clean the area with salty water and cotton buds. I wouldn't recommend taking the piercing out to do this, just clean around it, as otherwise you'll have some difficulty in getting the bar/ring back in and make the inflammation worse. Make sure you dry the area afterwards too to avoid infection

• Advertisement
Advertisement