Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helicopter over River Suir at Mooncoin

Options
  • 08-04-2010 6:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    just wondering about this. There was what looked like an Emergency Services Helicopter (couldn't tell if it was Rescue or Police as it was dark) circling over Mooncoin last night from approx 10:15 to 11:00pm last night. It was mainly over the river but did circle over the village as well and then oheaded over towards the Portlaw area. It was very low and had the search lights on. Anybody with any info?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭faral

two kayakers drowned in that river.info in todays irish independent of front page.they belived to be from Poland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 smilingdolphin

:confused::confused::confused: You really saw it?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭montec

Very sad news. Condolences to their families.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Sad news. Couldn't help but notice the helicopter flying low near my house for a while last night too. Shame it didn't turn out well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Eemia

Yes that chopper is SHOCKINGLY loud. I was fast asleep and i actually thought a plane was coming for the house. We are not far at all from the tannery and it was 80ft max over the house. Didn't know what was going on, but the crowed outside the tannery gates soon told us.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Indo certainly has more information then the RTE website has,

Awful shame it didn't end well :(

I spoke to a few people this morning from the Portlaw area and they said it was a really sad situation. Loads of people there to help but just couldn't get to the two lads in time.
    Just shows how we do really need these Emergency services for the South-East.

Advertisement