Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EL quarter final second leg: Liverpool v Benfica Post match discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Phew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

RasTa wrote: »
    Small € on Toress to score 2 or more.

Ship ship,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

someone make a rafa thumbs up gif!!!!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

time for subs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Ok now we can take him off!! Btw great tackle by Lucas there to get all that going! That guy is having the game of his life tonight it seems :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,564 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

someone make a rafa thumbs up gif!!!!!!

Sam Allardyce will be on the phone to Alex Ferguson tomorrow complaining about Rafa's insulting gesturing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

rafa595.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

the man is a legend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

opr wrote: »
    Meh, I just wanted to see Torres off. I couldn't give a fiddlers about this competition. Wonderful now all our players have to run around chasing every ball for the last 20 minutes of a nothing game and be knackered come Sunday.

Opr

Why? Liverpool won't get 4th either way, so why not try our best pick up some silverware. At 3-0 it was a dodgy scoreline which was proved by them getting the goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Well done Liverpool. I fear it will be at the expense of the greater good but we did play some nice football tonight and scored some good goals.

Opr

• Advertisement

I thought our back four looked quite good tonight

23 goals for Torres this season.

Bet he makes 30.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Sam Allardyce will be on the phone to Alex Ferguson tomorrow complaining about Rafa's insulting gesturing!

ad10578Ctetley.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

re:the Europa League's importance, watever you think OPR, torres and gerrard have spoken publically bout how they wanna win it to finish off a poor season well, so you may not care bout it, but they do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Good sub decision for a change Rafa. Nice to see him take Torres off and rest him. Also now same with Gerard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Don't be stupid....

Why would he wait until tomorrow? I'm sure they are curled up in bed watching it together.

Wonder will he do Fergie any favours on Sunday.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    23 goals for Torres this season.

Bet he makes 30.
    Some return alright.

ad10578Ctetley.jpg

blah

Why? Liverpool won't get 4th either way, so why not try our best pick up some silverware. At 3-0 it was a dodgy scoreline which was proved by them getting the goal.

I don't agree that we have no chance of 4th and if you look at the run in's all the remaining teams have neither would you. I just feel these nights are putting our own nails in the coffin.

Opr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Stevecw wrote: »
    Good sub decision for a change Rafa. Nice to see him take Torres off and rest him. Also now same with Gerard.

Rafa should have done it a lot sooner apparently.

http://www.dangerhere.com/wp-content/uploads/cache/1078_NpAdvHover.jpg

Im going to enjoy tonights win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Lucas the boy became a man tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Get the **** in!

Nice win.

Roll on Sunday

• Advertisement

Mr Alan wrote: »
    re:the Europa League's importance, watever you think OPR, torres and gerrard have spoken publically bout how they wanna win it to finish off a poor season well, so you may not care bout it, but they do.

Listen I would love to finish off a poor season by winning it but if that comes at the expense of 4th ..... NO THANKS.

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

job done:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well then, thats how you turn round a one goal deficit from the away leg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Good game , the squeeky bum stuff is much more enjoyble when it's not you team involved.

Listen I would love to finish off a poor season by winning it but if that comes at the expense of 4th ..... NO THANKS.

Opr
    I think we should try and get both, rather than put all our eggs in one basket and potentially get nothing. The Europa League is a good trophy and i'll be delighted if we win it, add in fourth place and it'd be a good return from a dire season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Athletico in the semis, Aguero will be suspended for the first leg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

nando gets to go home for the semi final

Lucas the boy became a man tonight
    Why? Cause he scored? He's been putting in performances like most of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

I don't agree that we have no chance of 4th and if you look at the run in's all the remaining teams have neither would you. I just feel these nights are putting our own nails in the coffin.

Opr

This is going off topic for the thread, but what makes you think Liverpool's is easy? And will it be any harder having played 2 more midweek games?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

dodgy 10 mins but not overly so. befica didnt really look that threatening up front. the second free kick was the most nerve wracking moment of the game. benfica arent really that good a side in the long and the short of it though, few bruisers in defence, bit of pace up front, nothing to really write home about. de maria is very good though, poor enough game tonight for him. liverpool were in control for the full 90 minutes tonight and that was great to see, actually imposing control of the ball and pitch on another team

The Europa League is a good trophy and i'll be delighted if we win it, add in fourth place and it'd be a good return from a dire season.

Lets be honest here, that would be a dream season after the way it's gone.

Kirsty would make a great mod. Anthony in Dublin (we should sell Torres) would not make a great poster :D

Malcolm McClaren died this eveing but as I'm happy this seems just about right for both events

Rest in Peace.

I think we should try and get both, rather than put all our eggs in one basket and potentially get nothing. The Europa League is a good trophy and i'll be delighted if we win it, add in fourth place and it'd be a good return from a dire season.

I think we have had enough of a lengthy discussion about it the other night to know each others stance on it. It does surprise me as you pointed out during the week that come match day no one is shouting the same tune as me and they all only jump on the band wagon when things go wrong like at Birmingham. I am pretty sure I am the lone voice on the thread tonight and yet quite a few people seemed to be of the same opinion when commenting on why Torres had to come off at the weekend.

I sincerely hope that the season ends up with us achieving both but if it doesn't then no matter what happens I will always look back and say the Europa cup was partly to blame for us not finishing 4th which I think is madness.

Opr

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Job well done.

Roll on Sunday and Fulham.

Load of numpties texting in TV3 :rolleyes:

(wouldn't be surprised if they weren't Pool fans at all)

This is going off topic for the thread, but what makes you think Liverpool's is easy? And will it be any harder having played 2 more midweek games?

Its already been harder. Remember Torres having to be withdrawn due to fatigue at the weekend due to his excursions in the Europa cup ?

Opr

i'm gonna hunt down all these ***** textin in and take a ****ing hatchet to them

i'm gonna hunt down all these ***** textin in and take a ****ing hatchet to them

What are they saying?

What are they saying?
    Anthony in Dublin says we should sell Torres and rebuild squad. And so on. We just get through to semi and we have to put up with that nonsense

TV3 + txters = bebo on your screen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I think we have had enough of a lengthy discussion about it the other night to know each others stance on it. It does surprise me as you pointed out during the week that come match day no one is shouting the same tune as me and they all only jump on the band wagon when things go wrong like at Birmingham. I am pretty sure I am the lone voice on the thread tonight and yet quite a few people seemed to be of the same opinion when commenting on why Torres had to come off at the weekend.

I sincerely hope that the season ends up with us achieving both but if it doesn't then no matter what happens I will always look back and say the Europa cup was partly to blame for us not finishing 4th which I think is madness.

Opr

I'd have agreed at the earlier stages of the competition.

Its a UEFA Cup Q/F, it's Benfica and its a European night at Anfield. Nothing to be sniffed at.

Kuyt was very good tonight, I must say.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez: "We played against a good team and knew we'd have to work hard. We took advantages of their weaknesses and the third goal was really, really good. Fernando will be excited about going back to his old club, but I haven't seen him because he's with the drug testers."

yea Kuyt was excellent tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Why? Cause he scored? He's been putting in performances like most of the season

I think we all know that but he put in a massive performance tonight when needed

Advertisement