Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reduced Price on Science Plan Galway

Options
  • 08-04-2010 8:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Just to let ye know I got 15kg of the Science Plan Advanced Fitness (medium) in Briarhill Vets yesterday for €50. Had a quick look on zooplus.ie and it is €63. €63 is the price the vet said it usually is as well.

Might save some of ye a few bob!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭FAYESY

Are you connected in any way to this vet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

FAYESY wrote: »
    Are you connected in any way to this vet?

If you mean is it in my interest that they make money then no. I am connected as in I bring my dogs there if they need vet care. Yesterday was one of those times when I seen this offer. Thought it would be nice to let others know so they could save money too.

God some people are so suspicious :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Lizard Queen

science plan have cut there prices as the sales have gone down cause some people cant afford good quaility food but its gone down every where but depends on which type you feed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭roxiesmammy

It has gone down in petmania in portlaoise and tullamore as well. €49

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

How things have changed. My vet here in Sligo quoted me €90 for a regular Hills Science 15kg bag for cats there a few months ago. Needless to say I went online (Chemistdirect) and bought it for €60 and got it delivered to my door. They have a special offer on James Wellbeloved at the moment £19 for 5kg bag so am going to try this for a change. Hope they like it though!

• Advertisement

lubie76 wrote: »
    My vet here in Sligo quoted me €90 for a regular Hills Science 15kg bag for cats there a few months ago.

that is ridiculous. How do they get away with it. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭roxiesmammy

TillyGirl wrote: »

because they can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭PaulB91

captive audience - i suppose a lot of people get told by the vet they are better of using the food they sell, and instead of shopping around the people buy froim the vets trying to do the best by their pets, i never used to see people in UK buying pet food from the vets and used to be suprised to watch people here walk into vets with no pet and buy the food from them, understandable if it was a vet only supplied food, but now with the internet there really is no need

Paul where do you get yours online? I can never find it cheaper than the vets esp for less that €50. Even for the higher price I cannot have tried zooplus and a few others. Do zooplus.co.uk deliver to us over the water?!

at the moment i'm getting it from pet-supermarket as they have an offer on Arden Grange - so i get three 15kg bags delivered to my door for £102 - that's including delivery and with 10% off for ordering over £79 using code eater10

what food do you want i'll do a search

zooplus.co.uk will deliver to Ireland and i have used them also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Arrgh, sorry to hijack here, but I placed an incorrect order on zooplus.ie and have the wrong dog food winging its way to me.

So I have a 12kg bag of Hill's sensitive stomach on the way which my dog doesn't need. Zooplus have told me to reject the delivery so it'll go back to them, but I'm getting it delivered to work, so *someone* will probably sign for it.

Anyone in the Dublinish area want to take it off my hands for cost (€60)? I'll even deliver it :D

PaulB91 wrote: »
    so i get three 15kg bags delivered to my door for £102 - that's including delivery and with 10% off for ordering over £79 using code eater10

what food do you want i'll do a search

ah you are very good but I dont need any at the minute as I bought the 15kg the other day and my two small tots wont go through that for a few months!

My mam uses Burns, think she pays €54 for 15kg so will have a look on petsupermarket for that. Thanks again.
    seamus wrote: »
    Anyone in the Dublinish area want to take it off my hands for cost (€60)? I'll even deliver it :D

I will be in Dublin this weekend so if anyone in Galway/Mayo wants it I can bring it down for you!

ah you are very good but I dont need any at the minute as I bought the 15kg the other day and my two small tots wont go through that for a few months!

My mam uses Burns, think she pays €54 for 15kg so will have a look on petsupermarket for that. Thanks again.

best i can do is £79 for two 15kg bags from zooplus.co.uk which is €90 delivered (€115 on zooplus.ie) of course if you are a new customer you should get another 5% of that and i might be able to find a better voucher ;o)

use this code on zooplus.co.uk and get 10% off "10PRUK" so that would be £72 delivered two bags of 15kg OR €82

PaulB91 wrote: »
    use this code on zooplus.co.uk and get 10% off "10PRUK" so that would be £72 delivered two bags of 15kg OR €82

Thats not bad, I will keep an eye on the sites when I need to get more. Where do you get these codes?!

Advertisement