Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A spot of bother

• 08-04-2010 9:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭

I don't look at this as a medical issue but one of appearance, but if Mods have issue with it then close.

I woke up yesterday with redness under my eye, the result of an underlying spot it seems. Today it's worse and looks slightly like I got punched. I've no problem letting these things work themselves out and fade away but tomorrow I've got a date and I don't want to look like this.

Can anyone suggest anything to calm the redness?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

I had something like this happen to me before, turns out it was a stye, kinda like a pimple under the eyelid. If it's any bit painful to touch it's probably worthwhile stopping into a local orthopedics clinic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

It's not a stye thankfully, I thought so too but my sister confirmed it wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭annR

It could be an eye infection in which case it could be dangerous to ignore it! Any infection around the eye area even an infected spot is bad news. If it doesn't go away soon like in a few hours you have to go to a doctor.

I wouldn't get too stressed about it now, it's just a clogged pore - just in an annoyingly obvious to see place.
    A co-worker assures me it's not so bad so hopefully the redness will clear by tomorrow, but any tips or tricks in case it's not will be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

The OP has mentioned that he's not concerned with the medical issues here but rather a way to hide or conceal the redness. Lets stick to that.
    Homer, without wishing to make light of the issue I do know someone who makes funky and personalised eyepatches. :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 GlitterFairy

ugh, why do these things always happen when you have a date!

Are you a guy or a girl? I was just typing some make-up reccomendations but realised you might be a guy...

A cool compress on the area for a while might help reduce the reddness. Also a soothing moisturiser might help, la roche posay do a great one.

These things usually only last a day or so, should be looking much better by tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Can you actually see the blocked pore? Or is it very close to your eye?

In normal circumstances, I'd recommend a dab of witchhazel, but if it's that close to your eye, I definitely wouldn't :-/

OldGoat wrote: »
    Homer, without wishing to make light of the issue I do know someone who makes funky and personalised eyepatches. :)
    Sweet, hook me up:D
    Are you a guy or a girl? I was just typing some make-up reccomendations but realised you might be a guy...

a soothing moisturiser might help, la roche posay do a great one.

I'm a guy last time I checked;)

Tried out a moisturiser my sister said might help.
    Fajitas! wrote: »
    Can you actually see the blocked pore? Or is it very close to your eye?

In normal circumstances, I'd recommend a dab of witchhazel, but if it's that close to your eye, I definitely wouldn't :-/

It's below my eye. It's not so much an eye problem, just near enough that the bit of red could look like I recently got a jab in the eye. It's along the cheekbone, near to my nose.

I'll pick up some witch hazel at lunch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

My advice would be not to prod or poke at it too much as this usually just make things worse. I think giving it the time to work it's way out is the only thing that really helps. Don't stress too much about it. You sound like a nice guy so I'm sure she won't be putting a big X beside your name because of a spot. I know it wouldn't bother me anyway.

If it wasn't so close to your eye Id recommend sudocream as it can really help with spots but it's really one of those things you have to dab on and leave over night.

Advertisement