Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlepalooza 2010

Options
  • 08-04-2010 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭

Line up and new site is now live! And it looks great. Mercury Rev, Fionn Regan, Wave Machines and James Vincent McMarrow!!

Can't wait!

http://www.castlepalooza.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

They also mention hot tubs. Just saying.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Whats the story with campervans at this, are they not allowed in or near the campsite/venue at all?

Afraid not. The car park is a good 40 minute walk from the castle and you can't get any closer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Eyeball Tickler

Never been to CP before but am planning to go this year. But I have a question: after the main bands are finished, what time do the DJs etc play until? And do some food stalls stay open late as well? Just want to make sure the fun continues after hours. :p

It does, dont you worry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭paperwork

whats the age range at CP? my mam wants to go but she isnt sure if she's too old for it at 43. I've never been myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

My guess would be majority are 25+. I'd say your mother will be fine at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Whats the story with bringing beer in or buying it there?

It says they sell cans, and the bars are reasonably priced but how reasonably priced?

Cant remember the exact price but I dont think they are reasonably priced at all (for cans).. someone correct me if im wrong.

Basically, sneak booze in.

Alter-Ego wrote: »
    Whats the story with bringing beer in or buying it there?

It says they sell cans, and the bars are reasonably priced but how reasonably priced?

The official word last year was
    We can not allow any alcohol to be brought on site. The bars will be reasonable & cans can be bought in bulk.
    Don’t even try as it will get confiscated & dumped. This is due to our specific license & has been the way ever since 2006.
    We acknowledge the annoyance of this but our bars will have bargains so don’t worry.

* Off license can price €3
    * Off license slabs €60
    * Draught beers,stout €4.50
    * Kopparberg Ciders €4.50
    * Shorts & mixers €6
    * Shots €5
    * Cocktails €7
    * Glass of Wine €4

Full bars are open from 12pm to 10pm on Saturday & 10am to 10pm on Sunday.
    Off license open from 8pm to 10pm daily.

On the day the actual price of pints was €5. Pre 8pm there were also slabs for 80 euro available. The website says they've a new bar partner this year so don't know if these will be similar this year or what. If you send them a mail a week or so before they'll probably get back to you with the prices.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Dick Willy

So is it easy to sneak drink in then? How do you do it?!

Absolutely no way of doing it.. don't bother trying. Castlepalooza organisers if you are reading this you can probably save some staff by not employing people to check because no one is going to try it now that I've told them the score.

Edit: Just to make it clear Lordgoat isn't entertaining this sort of discussion for events/the organisers do read these threads even if they don't comment so no one is going to reveal their secrets here.

The idea of not bringing booze into a festival is ludicrous. Talk about a losing battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭big dan

Was at it 2 years ago. twas good craic. cans were €2 so didn't mind not being able to bring in drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

What's the atmosphere like in the campsites? Is it quiet enough, or does it keep going all night? I might be better off in off-site accommodation if it does...

Prenderb wrote: »
    What's the atmosphere like in the campsites? Is it quiet enough, or does it keep going all night? I might be better off in off-site accommodation if it does...

Quiet enough really. Its small too. Just pitch the tent away from the stages and you'll be grand if you want to sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Golden Princess

Are cans really €2?? I've read numerous things about the price of drink and they all say it is €5 a can and not €3 as advertised. :confused:

Are cans really €2?? I've read numerous things about the price of drink and they all say it is €5 a can and not €3 as advertised. :confused:

They had cans of kopperberg for €2 in 2008. prob more expensive now though.

The pints are €5. Single cans were €3 ONLY After 8pm when the off license opened. They were more (but not €5) prior to that. Cheaper if you buy a slab. I was there in 2008 and I'm pretty sure the Kopparberg was €60 for a slab which would make it €2.50 a can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭CliodhnaB

I won tickets today... never heard of anyone playing.. i was kinda hoping the atmosphere would be lively enough to enjoy free tickets... Im young like and just dont think this is for me?! id go if i thought the atmosphere would be good?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kannon

the atmosphere is great. this will be my fourth year in a row and i've never known any of the bands playing, apart from the first year when Sister Sledge were headline, i'd heard o them ;)
    it's not all about the music. the setting is class and adds a huge amount to it.
    I hope they improve the toilet situation this year, although it was immeasurably better last year than the year before.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

thinking of going to this, not sure yet

Prices are on the website now.
    * Lager Can (500ml) €3
    * Kopparberg Cider (500ml) €4
    * Draught Pint – Lager/ Stout €5
    * Short & mixer €5
    * Cocktails from €5
    * Shot €5
    * Wine €4
    * Off license Can (500ml) 6 for €15 (€2.50 each), 24 for €60

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Slurries

hey, this is a great event!
    this is my second year and it will never be the last!
    you will not be too old or too young.
    me and my friends are ranging in age from 19 to 23 and we had the best craic ever.
    if you like druged up teenagers dancing around you and giving an awkward grope this is not for you, look up Oxygen...:eek: this is legendary stuff.
    i never no the bands but my mate always knows them and tell us what to go to but everything we went to randomly or with his excellent taste was brilliant craic. the acts give there all!

what i really want to know tho is if the slabs include the Kopparberg or some other cider.
    last year it was 80Eur i think for a slab of kopparberg, which is more expensive anyway so it didnt irritate too much. but on the website it says; "Any pricing that we announce here on our website will be available in the bars at that specific price."
    I like this!!! Bring it on!

sorry for the rant but i cant get across my love for this fest in any fewer words! :D

My guess is the Kopparberg will be more expensive considering it is a euro more when bought separately but if you want to try print out the relevant pages and argue your case on the day you may get lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Slurries

i may just do that actually. there is a big gang of us. could end up saving us all a lot of money! cheers!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭demon83

Is there many people going to this?
    I am thinking about going with my girlfriend as we heard good things about lasts years event, but think it could be half empty down there.
    The line up aint great plus
    Indiependance is on the same weekend and has cheaper tickets.
    Also the beer situation sounds a bit of a joke. 60 for a slab of Bravaria!!
    The fact you cant bring any alcohol to the event makes this a pricey weekend when everyone is looking to do things on the cheap.

I reckon it will seem busy enough even if it doesn't sell out. Last year was the first time it really felt "full". Previous years it was definitely under capacity but it never felt deserted. It really is a tiny venue so it's hard to really feel empty.

demon83 wrote: »
    Is there many people going to this?
    I am thinking about going with my girlfriend as we heard good things about lasts years event, but think it could be half empty down there.
    The line up aint great plus
    Indiependance is on the same weekend and has cheaper tickets.
    Also the beer situation sounds a bit of a joke. 60 for a slab of Bravaria!!
    The fact you cant bring any alcohol to the event makes this a pricey weekend when everyone is looking to do things on the cheap.

Last two years it has been if not sold out then pretty close. And without a 'big name' on the line up. Always get the feeling that people go one year and then return with their friends the next year.Word of mouth festival.

If the sun shines next weekend.....you will want to be down here...trust me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭smallgarden

is there a need for wellies,theres alot less people than other festivals so does the ground tend to be less mucky!

Advertisement