Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Road Tax after bike off the road for winter

• 08-04-2010 10:12am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I stopped using my bike back in about November just before all the really cold weather came in. I took it out last weekend for the first time - it was great apart from getting p1ssed on for half the journey. ;)

Anyway, I now have to get tax on the bike again as it expired somewhere around the end of last year. The only thing is I can't find any of the documents so I'm not actually sure when the tax expired exactly. I think it was in October but it could have been earlier...

So, how do I find out exactly when the tax expired, and then how do I tell them the bike was off the road for most of that time, and then get tax for another year. Anyone done this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I would have said the current tax disk would give you a lot of that info.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

It would, but I lost that too! I moved house recently and seemed to have lost a folder of bike related docs. After it expired I took it off the bike and put it in the folder.

Is there anyone I can ring to try to get this info? I'll probably need to change my address anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I really don't know. I would start with ringing the motor tax office.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Go to your local Garda station, they have the forms that you need to declare the bike off the road for X amount of months. Get it signed by a Garda and then you can get it taxed from now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Go to your local Garda station, they have the forms that you need to declare the bike off the road for X amount of months. Get it signed by a Garda and then you can get it taxed from now.

bang on! form RF100 i think...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

Norm the tax office sends out notice warning to pay tax yada yada with vehicle particulars if you need to work out when the tax expired.

Garda stations are useless, they won't have it...

Download form RF100A here, fill it out, print it off and get the guards to stamp & scribble on it & send it in by post...no queing

Advertisement