Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

kodachrome 35mm transparency's

• 08-04-2010 10:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

Hello all, referred here by a friend (PopeBuckfastXVI).

I've got quiet a few kodachrome 35mm transparency's (~60) that I came across at the family home and I'm hoping that someone may be able to help me get these scanned onto a CD or DVD.

Couple of the photo shop's locally (Galway) will do them but at a cost which add's up to alot. Also tried the local printers with no luck.

Any help greatly appreciated..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Hello all, referred here by a friend (PopeBuckfastXVI).

I've got quiet a few kodachrome 35mm transparency's (~60) that I came across at the family home and I'm hoping that someone may be able to help me get these scanned onto a CD or DVD.

Couple of the photo shop's locally (Galway) will do them but at a cost which add's up to alot. Also tried the local printers with no luck.

Any help greatly appreciated..

What sort of cost are you talking about ? The price of getting a scanner that could do justice to kodachrome slides would be way in excess of whatever the cost is to get them scanned. Plus getting the most out of a scan is a bit of a learning curve. There are a few places online that also do scans, I'd investigate them and compare prices with retail places here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,292 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i think he's hoping he can find someone here who will undercut the shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

You can get a scanner for a couple of hundred euro that'll do a reasonable job. (Not tip-top quality.. but good enough if the memory contained in the film is what you're looking for..and not making fine-art prints at enormous sizes.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

Thanks guys, there old pic's that I just thought of getting developed but buying a one of scanner did'nt make since and the cost of a photo shop doing them made it to expensive..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭davmigil

If you have a macro lens (or get a macro extension tube to use a non-macro lens), a light box (not expensive to buy) and a steady tripod you can scan them in that way.

• Advertisement
Advertisement