Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scrap Kitchen worktop

• 08-04-2010 11:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

does anyone know where I can get a scrapped kitchen worktop about 6ft long? Can be in bad surface condition as was planning to use it as a workbench top in my shed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Hubby got some scaffold?:confused: (I'm not too sure of the correct wording) planks for his work bench, he got them cheap somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭ccsolar

Hi Lex

Where do you live?

Cc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    does anyone know where I can get a scrapped kitchen worktop about 6ft long? Can be in bad surface condition as was planning to use it as a workbench top in my shed

Your local kitchen/wardrobe fitters/makers???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

ccsolar wrote: »
    Hi Lex

Where do you live?

Cc
    i'm in naas, Cc. Just wanted to see if i could get a piece free or a few quid

• Advertisement

Hi Lex
    If you were down Galway side I could give you a bit for free, prob not worth the drive down?

CC

dh0661 wrote: »
    Thanks for the clue DH, you were bang on, 10/10, 100% :D.
    I'll say no more.

ccsolar wrote: »
    I'll say no more.

No need - I was way off :o but it was worth a try.

OP - there are loads of plasterers (that used to use scaffolding planks) out there with no work and wondering where the next bit of cash is going to come from - Hubby got 4 x 245mm for €50.

He had to clean them and sand them off a bit - he's happy with what he got and they do seem to be strong enough for what he needs them for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

dh0661 wrote: »
    No need - I was way off :o but it was worth a try.

OP - there are loads of plasterers (that used to use scaffolding planks) out there with no work and wondering where the next bit of cash is going to come from - Hubby got 4 x 245mm for €50.

He had to clean them and sand them off a bit - he's happy with what he got and they do seem to be strong enough for what he needs them for.

ok, worth a look around, thanks.

The cork link is just my home town

Advertisement