Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crysis 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Isn't this scheduled for release in Mid 2010 on very site?
    How the hell is the countdown at 18 hours on the link you posted?
    It's definitely not the game..prob a demo or beta..aj i think it's actually a new video for it or something ..twitter page set up as well..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Its countdown to a teaser trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I blame crysis for making all the game companies go mental for a year pushing up the specs like mad , its all relaxed now for the most part.
    Wasnt a fan of the game to be honest.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Crysis was awesome.

I actually wasn't that impressed with the game on my first play through.

I went through the game in a rather efficent manner, using the stealth ability in 90% of the situations. Game wasn't that difficult. The plot and characters are pure B grade. The last third was also weaker than the first two.

It was only on later play throughs where I started deliberatly using all the suits abilities and started toying with the enemies that the gameplay really shined.

The suit combined with the enivorment allowed all sorts of havoc to be wrought on the poor unsuspecting Koreans.

Graphics still haven't been toped to this day.

Multiplayer never took off but looked solid in my opinion.

Overall very enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I only recently played Crysis a few months back and while the graphics were great I thought the single-player was "meh"

Then I returned to it on the hardest setting and absolutely enjoyed the game. You actually use the jungle far more to scope out your attacks, I became the perfect silent killer.

That game was buggy as hell too but I liked it. There's a Back To The Future Delorean car mod that actually lets you travel in time (day / night) and places, frost on the car and streaks of fire, too! It's actually pretty fun!

And yes, you must reach 88mph to achieve time-travel :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

bah getting tired of ranting on how **** these games are.

Suffice to say they look stunningly awesome but suck total balls.The best thing crytek did was far Cry right up until around level 4 when stooopid monkeys attack you.

Please god just have human enemies and no stupid story, i want to kill people with normal guns without going invisible or other gimmicks. please make a decent FPS game.....please :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

dreamers75 wrote: »
    bah getting tired of ranting on how **** these games are.

Suffice to say they look stunningly awesome but suck total balls.The best thing crytek did was far Cry right up until around level 4 when stooopid monkeys attack you.

Please god just have human enemies and no stupid story, i want to kill people with normal guns without going invisible or other gimmicks. please make a decent FPS game.....please :o

Why don't you just play a different game then?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Loved the first one apart from all that crap alien stuff. Hopefully this will take all the good bits from the first one and improve on them.

Why don't you just play a different game then?

I do about 20 minutes after playing Farcry/Crysis/Warhead :confused:

Are you people actual fans of the series :eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

They are not perfect and wouldn't be amongst my all time favourites, but I like them especially Warhead which I thought was great fun. They are certainly not terrible by any means.

Since the nanosuit will be back, and you are not a fan of the whole invisiblity thing, perhaps it would be best if you avoid buying a fourth game that you don't like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

Far cry 2 ... Crysis. Terrible games. Both games are just a Special effect / Graphics extravaganza!

Terrible gameplay. Terrible AI. Just terrible. Storyline didnt interest me either... But "OooooOOOOOoo... Pretty graphics!" :rolleyes:

Neither games deserve the 8..9..10/10 ratings they got from game review sites.

Wont be looking at anymore Crytek games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Tyrant^ wrote: »
    Far cry 2 ... Crysis.

Wont be looking at anymore Crytek games.

Far Cry 2 had nothing to do with Crytek, and as such actually ran comfortably on PCs which were around at the time of release.
    Crysis was poo, and I'm sure this will be too. To this day I'm not sure why I bought Warhead after I hated Crysis so much, but I won't be making that mistake again! (unless the reviews explicitly state that it runs well on reasonable hardware, and ONLY has human enemies)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I thank crysis for making all the game companies go mental for a year pushing up the specs like mad

fixed that for you.

We've been over the whole "Crysis is crap" argument a thousand times before. Nevertheless, its gone around 4 or 5 times platinum at this stage, still has a large community behind it and is the only game to be even attempting to push the limits of PC hardware. I fully expect Crysis 2 to have a whole host of greyed out options that will only be enabled when humans install it on that black monolith orbiting Jupiter.

I replayed through the original Crysis recently, and, like Azza, tried using the suit abilities as much as possible. People always blame the game for being poorly optimized, well it hasn't been patched in years yet every time I run it, it runs better, only because ATI and nVidia are releasing better drivers for their hardware.

Next time a game runs bad, don't blame the game, try wondering how nVidia and ATI can get away with releasing drivers that takes years of updates before they perform even close to their rated abilities.

Using pure stealth only and avoiding enemies and detection opened up a whole new aspect of the game to me, that I hadn't noticed on my original Rambo run through it. Like being able to knock over logs down onto the road to take out a patrol, or creating distractions to move around checkpoints undetected.

I can't wait for Crysis 2 personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

tman wrote: »
    Far Cry 2 had nothing to do with Crytek, and as such actually ran comfortably on PCs which were around at the time of release.
    Crysis was poo, and I'm sure this will be too. To this day I'm not sure why I bought Warhead after I hated Crysis so much, but I won't be making that mistake again! (unless the reviews explicitly state that it runs well on reasonable hardware, and ONLY has human enemies)

In fairness, just take the game for what it is. A fun FPS with some nice gimmicks and great graphics.

Seriously, if you just want normal weapons, no gimmicks, and only humans, there are plenty of games out that should keep you happy.

CoD series immediately springs to mind, Battlefield Series, ArmA etc etc

I don't know why you're so racist towards the aliens, its not really fair on them!

I quite liked Crysis, sure, its not the best game ever made, but for some mindless fun with some of the best scenery you're gonna see in a game, its pretty damn good.

I think it did exactly what it was meant to do - showcase the CryEngine2

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Loved the first one apart from all that crap alien stuff. Hopefully this will take all the good bits from the first one and improve on them.
    tman wrote: »

Judging by the new trailer on SOSNewYork it looks like we have more aliens. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I blame crysis for making all the game companies go mental for a year pushing up the specs like mad , its all relaxed now for the most part.
    Wasnt a fan of the game to be honest.

Its a pity more game companies didn't follow Crytec's lead and push the boundaries of what the last gen of graphics cards could really do instead of sticking with the poxy Unreal 3 engine that's well past its sell by date :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Taking Crysis at face value, I liked it. There was scope to dick about a lot with silently popping one enemy, waiting for his mates to gather and lobbing a grenade into the middle of them :D

But the main focus was on showing off the rather good engine the CryTech team build and lets not forget that. Yes, it crippled most machines that ran it at first, but a middling enough machine now with a reasonable gfx card shouldn't have any difficulty and it's always worth taking a second look at games again when they fall into the "comfortable" levels of what your hardware can do so you can play it as intended.

I'll be looking forward to seeing the new engine and I'm not altogether turned off the idea of playing through some more of the jungles with a stealth suit or super speed etc.

Few other bit of information emerging today post countdown, the lead writer for Crysis 2 is the British SciFi author Richard Morgan http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Morgan_(author)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Having watched the trailer now, I'll have to eat my hat and say it actually looks pretty damn promising!
    The point where the Trigen/Aliens were introduced in FarCry/Crysis was where the games took a massive nosedive in quality. If they're there from the very start of this and they handle them properly, I guess it could be good...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Hmmm anyone know if the ps3 version of the new crytek engine was built with the cell in mind or if it's just another quick tranfer from the PC/360?

• Advertisement

Hmmm anyone know if the ps3 version of the new crytek engine was built with the cell in mind or if it's just another quick tranfer from the PC/360?

In the past Crytek CEO Cevat Yerli has certainly claimed that their performance benchmarks show that it can max out the ps3. We shall find out soon enough I suppose.

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/47753/Crysis-2-to-Max-Out-The-Playstation-3

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Venom wrote: »
    Its a pity more game companies didn't follow Crytec's lead and push the boundaries of what the last gen of graphics cards could really do instead of sticking with the poxy Unreal 3 engine that's well past its sell by date :(
    No problem with companies pushing the limits id just like it if your goin to come out with an awesome graphics engine then attach an excellent game to it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Watched the trailer, it didn't jump out at me, i thought it was rather underwhelming.

Watched the trailer, it didn't jump out at me, i thought it was rather underwhelming.

Its way to close in feel to the Fallout 3 trailer.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Its way to close in feel to the Fallout 3 trailer.

That's exactly what I was thinking. It just doesn't work. Still an urban environment is an interesting departure, if its open world-ish. I have a feeling though, this will be more corridor-like. Another game franchise dragged down to it lowest common denominator to sell on the consoles. Hopefully I'll be proved wrong.

Maximilian wrote: »
    That's exactly what I was thinking. It just doesn't work. Still an urban environment is an interesting departure, if its open world-ish. I have a feeling though, this will be more corridor-like. Another game franchise dragged down to it lowest common denominator to sell on the consoles. Hopefully I'll be proved wrong.

Well Prototype had an open world urban setting and it worked out really well for that game.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Well Prototype had an open world urban setting and it worked out really well for that game.

Never played that. Was it crap? My point is I can see this going in a backwards direction. I prefer FPS's with freedom (Arma 2 addict here) but it's not the be all and end all. Half-Life etc.

Maximilian wrote: »
    Never played that. Was it crap? My point is I can see this going in a backwards direction. I prefer FPS's with freedom (Arma 2 addict here) but it's not the be all and end all. Half-Life etc.

Prototype was one of the better games I played last year :) You should check it out.

• Advertisement

Prototype was one of the better games I played last year :) You should check it out.

Might do that when I've finished all the other stuff I have right now.

Advertisement