Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Meteor Bill Pay Plans for iPhone users etc

Options
  • 08-04-2010 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Just noticed on the Meteor website that there is new bill pay plans called Bill Pay Smart, and they seem to be aimed at smart phones.

http://www.meteor.ie/plans/bill_pay/

There is also new bill pay lite smart too. I was just comparing it to the iPhone packages on O2 and Vodafone and they seem pretty attractive for anyone (like myself) that has recently gotten their iPhone unlocked from O2 and are looking for a good deal.

For example:
    O2 Advance 550> 550min - 250 texts - 1 free extra - unlimited internet (3GB CAP) €80 per month

Perfect Choice Access Plus 500> 500 mins - 500 texts - 2GB Internet €80 per month

Meteor Bill Pay Smart Unlimited> Unlimited calls and texts to all ROI numbers - 5GB Internet (Pretty good for tethering) €85 per month

In comparison O2 do offer a free extra so that package can technically have unlimited texts too.
    There is good sim only plans on Meteor with internet allowance too.
    What do you guy think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Have to say I'm tempted by the bill pay smart lite option €30 a month, 200 texts, 200 minutes and 1GB data. The only thing putting me off is lack of free calls and texts meteor to meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

hmmm that does seem like a good option, thanks for posting it!

Did you just call O2 and ask them to unlock your phone? Any hassle with it? I'm out of contract at the moment and looking for a better deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Hmm - some other boards people seem to think less highly of the meteor price changes, I'm still reading around to find the best deal for me.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055877777

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭dmn

edanto wrote: »
    hmmm that does seem like a good option, thanks for posting it!

Did you just call O2 and ask them to unlock your phone? Any hassle with it? I'm out of contract at the moment and looking for a better deal.
    you can call them if you like. i instead sent a request via their online forum. it took about 4 days and i hooked my phone up to itunes for a restore and it said "congratulations your iPhone is now unlocked"

here's the link to the O2 forum where you can request your unlock

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

Meteor have new pre paid plans as well including "Free Internet".

http://www.gadgetrepublic.com/news/item/1876/mobile/meteor-offers-free-internet-on-prepay-plan/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

They're not bad as a plan but the fact they're forcing you to take out those new plans for any new smartphone (Just like how O2 and Vodafone force you to pick a special "Smartphone tariff") means that you're forced to pay €10 extra a month which is €180 over the entire contract term whether you want 1GB of data or not. I would have much preffered they just made a 1GB data addon for €10 across all of their connect plans rather than forcing it on people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

They're not bad as a plan but the fact they're forcing you to take out those new plans for any new smartphone (Just like how O2 and Vodafone force you to pick a special "Smartphone tariff") means that you're forced to pay €10 extra a month which is €180 over the entire contract term whether you want 1GB of data or not. I would have much preffered they just made a 1GB data addon for €10 across all of their connect plans rather than forcing it on people.

Its not forced on people from what I see, basically just another bill pay offer.

The billpay smart is 30/35 a month and is the same as the bill pay connect plan at 20/25 a month. Basically for an extra a tenner a month you get 1GB of data.

Its targeted towards people on their connect plan and using the 1GB data add on for €15. Everyone using that now saves €5 a month.

If you don't want the data than choose the connect plan, if you want 1GB data choose the smart plan, if you want data but not that much use the connect plan with the €5 add on for 250mb a month.

Seems like they are catering for nearly everyone there no? The difference is you may get the phone cheaper on a smart plan rather than a connect plan which makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭r0chf0rt

I guess the point is that you cant buy phones like the HTC Legend on the old connect plan any more. If you want it you need to sign up for the smart plan.

r0chf0rt wrote: »
    I guess the point is that you cant buy phones like the HTC Legend on the old connect plan any more. If you want it you need to sign up for the smart plan.

Ah thats sneaky alright, but I do wonder if that is just a problem on their store or would it be the same situation in the shops.

Spud83 wrote: »

If you don't want the data than choose the connect plan, if you want 1GB data choose the smart plan, if you want data but not that much use the connect plan with the €5 add on for 250mb a month.

Seems like they are catering for nearly everyone there no? The difference is you may get the phone cheaper on a smart plan rather than a connect plan which makes sense.
    The thing is that we can't. Why couldn't they just have reduced the 1GB data to €10 and just left the connect plans as they were? Now they've joined Vodafone and O2 by making special smartphone plans that cost 50% more than their regular plans. Three is the only network left that doesn't do that and their phone selection is absolutely terrible. The best they have is the Symbian running Sony Satio or the Android running Spica (Which is terrible).

I had my heart set on getting a desire with them when it launched, now I think I just won't bother thanks to this new "offer" they have.

• Advertisement

The thing is that we can't. Why couldn't they just have reduced the 1GB data to €10 and just left the connect plans as they were? Now they've joined Vodafone and O2 by making special smartphone plans that cost 50% more than their regular plans. Three is the only network left that doesn't do that and their phone selection is absolutely terrible. The best they have is the Symbian running Sony Satio or the Android running Spica (Which is terrible).

I had my heart set on getting a desire with them when it launched, now I think I just won't bother thanks to this new "offer" they have.

Yep I'm understanding that now and I agree with you. I think making the smart plans is the right move as it ties people into a contact with the data add on rather than people being able to opt out of the add on.

The mistake they made is not letting people continue to sign up to the connect plan and use the 250GB add on.

However I would say that before you give up on the desire maybe ask in a store if it is available on the connect plan. They may just be "pushing" these new plans on there site.

I know someone is accusing me of working for meteor now, I don't.

=/ Will give it a shot but I doubt it really. Any other phones like a Nokia E72 give you a choice of Connect or Smart which really leads me to believe that this isn't just a web only mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

dmn wrote: »

Perfect Choice Access Plus 500> 500 mins - 500 texts - 2GB Internet €80 per month

You also get one free addon for the Vfe package aswell

Free Vodafone to Vodafone calls and texts
    or
    Unlimited landline minutes

Advertisement