Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rifle Basix Trigger

Options
  • 08-04-2010 11:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭

I just got new trigger from Rifle Basix, 1,5 lbs..aand is sweet. Huge difference between 3,1 lbs and 1,5.
    this is how you're doing business! i ordered it thursday, got mail next day that i forgot to put my credit card details.
    i send mail about paypal. got answer in 5 minutes!! send money, and in hour time my trigger was sent. and listen to the best part; Clay (from Basix) said that its gonna be in next 2 weeks.. well i said ok, no problem, postage 10$ so what you cant expect.bank holidays and all that so post will be probably busy. coming home yesterday and bang.. my trigger is waiting.5 days? 10 $? in holiday period? beat that.
    great price, excellent contact. i can recommend this site 100%
    http://www.riflebasix.com/
    people and company's like that should be awarded, you see too many as@@ in the business who treat you like trouble.

work in progress, i know i need to get vise..heh
    snc13105.th.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

What rifle are you fitting it to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭sharky0922

rem 700 sps varmint...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

sharky0922 wrote: »
    I just got new trigger from Rifle Basix, 1,5 lbs..aand is sweet. Huge difference between 3,1 lbs and 1,5.
    this is how you're doing business! i ordered it thursday, got mail next day that i forgot to put my credit card details.
    i send mail about paypal. got answer in 5 minutes!! send money, and in hour time my trigger was sent. and listen to the best part; Clay (from Basix) said that its gonna be in next 2 weeks.. well i said ok, no problem, postage 10$ so what you cant expect.bank holidays and all that so post will be probably busy. coming home yesterday and bang.. my trigger is waiting.5 days? 10 $? in holiday period? beat that.
    great price, excellent contact. i can recommend this site 100%
    http://www.riflebasix.com/
    people and company's like that should be awarded, you see too many as@@ in the business who treat you like trouble.

work in progress, i know i need to get vise..heh
    snc13105.th.jpg

Was it hard fit?
    And does it use your own safety catch?
    I have a StainlessS Safety on my remmy 700. I'd like the safest yet lightest trigger.
    What does your trigger break at?

Was it hard fit?
    And does it use your own safety catch?
    I have a StainlessS Safety on my remmy 700. I'd like the safest yet lightest trigger.
    What does your trigger break at?

i didnt fit any trigger before, and that was simple.
    there was small trouble since i didnt have vice, and action was moving a bit, but i got in less than 30 minutes i think. its same like changing a wheel, every guy should make it without sweat.
    safety was already on this trigger, i think you can order one without and replace those with old one.
    you can ask them to set it up whatever you like.
    i ordered LV-1 K, and i asked them to set it up on 1,5 lbs.
    (dont have trigger scale so i believe thats what it is)

i didnt fit any trigger before, and that was simple.
    there was small trouble since i didnt have vice, and action was moving a bit, but i got in less than 30 minutes i think. its same like changing a wheel, every guy should make it without sweat.
    safety was already on this trigger, i think you can order one without and replace those with old one.
    you can ask them to set it up whatever you like.
    i ordered LV-1 K, and i asked them to set it up on 1,5 lbs.
    (dont have trigger scale so i believe thats what it is)

Sounds good.
    I put a Timney trigger onto an old swedish mauser a few years ago.
    It did drop into place.
    However it was much bigger than the origional so the stock had to be hacked to fit.
    I'm not sure what my current set up is. I'll have to test it when I am home next.
    Remmy are 7lbs from factory but i had mine adjusted by dealer.
    Lord this new rifloe set up of mine could be the dogs boll*x :D
    I'd love to get a few 500yard bunnies just to prove it can be done with my remmy.

• Advertisement

Sounds good.
    I put a Timney trigger onto an old swedish mauser a few years ago.
    It did drop into place.
    However it was much bigger than the origional so the stock had to be hacked to fit.
    I'm not sure what my current set up is. I'll have to test it when I am home next.
    Remmy are 7lbs from factory but i had mine adjusted by dealer.
    Lord this new rifloe set up of mine could be the dogs boll*x :D
    I'd love to get a few 500yard bunnies just to prove it can be done with my remmy.

well my was on 3,1 lbs from factory, but what you have?
    i cant wait until saturday, to try new trigger and to be honest.. i;m very close to get a loan and rebarrel my baby and go 500 too :D

well my was on 3,1 lbs from factory, but what you have?
    i cant wait until saturday, to try new trigger and to be honest.. i;m very close to get a loan and rebarrel my baby and go 500 too :D

mcB in Athlone Just quoted me €130 for a Timney adj between 1.5 & 4 LBs

They are $128 dollars in black, I'm pushing for the Nickle one for 130 as it would make my rifle look unchanged and rust resistant.

Not sure is it the best deal though......
    I don't mind if he makes a few €'s out of it once he gets me my Nightforce T-Shirt and Hornady baseball cap as promised ;)

mcB in Athlone Just quoted me €130 for a Timney adj between 1.5 & 4 LBs

They are $128 dollars in black, I'm pushing for the Nickle one for 130 as it would make my rifle look unchanged and rust resistant.

Not sure is it the best deal though......
    I don't mind if he makes a few €'s out of it once he gets me my Nightforce T-Shirt and Hornady baseball cap as promised ;)
    whos that mcb in athlone?
    i would like to get hornady's shirt, look here
    http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=1165338369

:D:D
    whos that mcb in athlone?
    i would like to get hornady's shirt, look here
    http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=1165338369

I've been plauging him for years for Nightforce Hornady and remington gear.
    I'll PM you his details.

He sells a lot of Hornady ammo so i told him plauge your supplier for T-Shirts and Hats :D:D:D

He has baretta T-Shirts but I would only buy a T-Shirt with a brand name I use on it.

Advertisement