Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shameless US (* US Pace *)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Watched episode 2 just there and it still looks like it'll be holding its own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,391 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Pleasently surprised by the pilot i have to say
    I was really worried by the skins remake but it appears showtime know what they are at and have captured the soul of the show
    Although im still a bit unsure of william H macey as frank, specifically the scene where he walks into the bar and seems completely sober

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Watched the uk one up till season 3 or 4 I'm not sure but it it just wasn't the same after Fiona and Steve left so I stopped tuning in , as for the US version which I just finished watching all I got to say is so far so good , a likable cast with great chemistry and a stone cold hottie in the form of Emily Rossums Fiona who with no disrespect to Ann marie Duff actually looks like she could pull a Steve type guy despite her circumstances.

My only worry is Macy's Frank who looks to me like he is playing a drunk where as David Threlfall(uk frank) actually looked like a drunk who had just stumbled onto the set by accident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,391 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

My only worry is Macy's Frank who looks to me like he is playing a drunk where as David Threlfall(uk frank) actually looked like a drunk who had just stumbled onto the set by accident.

This

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,978 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What is Kev and Veronica like? (These were two of my favourite characters in the UK show)

I'll ask again so bump - What is the characters of Kev and Veronica like?

(I havent watched any yet I'm going to try at the Irish pace)

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

its starting on rte soon,is it worth watching?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

are many people watching this, ive never seen the english version, but im really liking this show,

i heard its similar to the english version for the first few episodes, i was wondering if anyone who seen the englsih can say how different they are, should i stick with the US version, or is the english one really worth watching,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

English is the original, personally I love the English one but thats because its been on the telly for the past 6 years, and I've been watching it from the start!

I still have to see where the US Shameless is going, there are tiny little tweaks in names and stuff like aunt ginger that but I do enjoy watching the US too, I'm surprised I'm not bored out of my tree watching it as I know whats going to happen, but I'm looking forward to seeing episode 4.

Currently catching up on TV, Shameless UK now, Shameless US later, Pretty little liars after that. Caught up on Gossip Girl last night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

i watched the us version before the uk version.

tbh i prefer the us one.... the uk one just reminds me of a hollyoaks version of the us one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

I'll ask again so bump - What is the characters of Kev and Veronica like?

(I havent watched any yet I'm going to try at the Irish pace)

I suppose you know by now then.

But just incase, Kev is much the same but Veronica is black and much hotter than the original Veronica. One of the finest sisters i have seen in my young(ish) life. Good grief.

• Advertisement

http://www.tvline.com/2011/02/shameless-and-episodes-both-earn-second-seasons/

Showtime has renewed Shameless for second season.

Shameless — which with nearly four million weekly viewers across multiple platforms is on pace to be Showtime’s second-highest rated drama series (behind Dexter)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

don ramo wrote: »
    are many people watching this, ive never seen the english version, but im really liking this show,

i heard its similar to the english version for the first few episodes, i was wondering if anyone who seen the englsih can say how different they are, should i stick with the US version, or is the english one really worth watching,

Definitely check out the original Shameless. Haven't seen the US version yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

http://www.tvline.com/2011/02/shameless-and-episodes-both-earn-second-seasons/

Showtime has renewed Shameless for second season.

Shameless — which with nearly four million weekly viewers across multiple platforms is on pace to be Showtime’s second-highest rated drama series (behind Dexter)

Good to hear. Really enjoying it so far.

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    I suppose you know by now then.

But just incase, Kev is much the same but Veronica is black and much hotter than the original Veronica. One of the finest sisters i have seen in my young(ish) life. Good grief.

Yes seen them worse casting ever imo

Chloe Webb (Nancy Spungen from the film Sid and Nancy) will play Frank's ex Monica

Yes seen them worse casting ever imo

Yeah I'm not sure, I like the new Veronica but I do think she could stand to be a little more coarse.

another great episode last night, its set up for a great finale, how old is yerone the shagged frank, shes a bit of a lunatic,

i couldnt stop laughing last week when she said everything she done, and her fathers reaction and everyone elses was class, "whores dont get cars":D

its hard to say who i like the most, there so many great caracters,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Caught the season finale there last night, I suppose they'll really be taking the storyline on its own path from here on out given the changes from the original UK season 1 ending.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

SHAMELESS - SEASON 2

Premiere: Sunday, January 8th at 9:00 PM ET/PT

Season 2 of SHAMELESS finds our favorite dysfunctional family braving the summertime Chicago heat trying to keep cool…and Frank (William H. Macy) out of trouble. Bearing the de facto parent badge, Fiona (Emmy Rossum) spends her nights working at a happening nightclub and her days keeping an eye on Debbie (Emma Kenny) and Carl (Ethan Cutkosky) as they run a makeshift daycare center at the house. Meanwhile, brothers Lip (Jeremy Allen White) and Ian (Cameron Monaghan) are toying with the idea of college, while Sheila (Joan Cusack, in her Emmy® Award-nominated role) is still housing Frank and making progress with her agoraphobia. As usual, the motley brood somehow manages to hold down the fort and make sure the bills are paid, the lights are on and there is food on the table. Developed for American Television by John Wells and Created by Paul Abbott, SHAMELESS is based on the long-running hit UK series. SHAMELESS is executive produced by acclaimed Emmy® Award-winning television and film producer John Wells, Paul Abbott and Andrew Stearn.

• Advertisement

Harry Hamlin has snagged a two-part guest spot as Ian's older friend Ned on Shameless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Are they going with a second season of this? Seems to be a fairly marmite show for the US audience judging by the couple of reviews I've read.

I was very wary of it at first but it's enjoyable and manages to adapt the stories just enough to make them somewhat believable (although not as much as the UK one)...
    I have to wonder if they'll stick to simply transplanting plots and scripts given that they don't have the constraints of cast members leaving which the UK series had to contend with...

A screener of the first episode of season 2 is out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Much better start, did they do that story in the UK version? I don't remember UK Frank ever sinking to the depths US Frank is sinking.

Overall the shows main focus seems to be appreciating just how hot that Emily Rossum is.

ScumLord wrote: »
    Much better start, did they do that story in the UK version? I don't remember UK Frank ever sinking to the depths US Frank is sinking.

Overall the shows main focus seems to be appreciating just how hot that Emily Rossum is.

Meh....she does nothing for me, she's like Anne Hathaway....gone all skanky taking her clothers off, what happened to the lovely girls we saw in Ella Enchanted or The Day After Tomorrow............

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Anne Hathaway got her clothes off.......................

BRB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

That episode felt a little all over the place, rather than just concentrating on 1 or 2 characters like the UK version used to do.

William H Macy is always worth watching though, and is prefectly cast in this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

ScumLord wrote: »

Works for me

Lone Star actor James Wolk and Vampire Diaries actor Taylor Kinney in
    as new love interests for Fiona

Jenna Elfman will guest-star in the upcoming season of Shameless, AOL TV reports.
    The Dharma & Greg star will appear in the second season finale as Jill, who has a dangerous past and, according to the network, "an awkward present" — whatever that means. No word on who she'll be interacting with, but the second season will take place during a sweltering Chicago summer.

I'm thinking Kev's sister Kelly maybe

• Advertisement

Anyone watching this? Latest episode (2x04 A Beautiful Mess) was great. I really love this show!

And the shock at the end -
    Karen's pregnant, probably with Lip's baby

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Conor108 wrote: »
    Anyone watching this? Latest episode (2x04 A Beautiful Mess) was great. I really love this show!

And the shock at the end -
    Karen's pregnant, probably with Lip's baby

Or
    Frank's

Have been meaning to catch up on this.
    Is it still copying scene for scene from the original.

I never caught the original, I kept on missing it and meaning to catch up on it, but I'm really enjoying the US 1 now so I don't want to ruin it by watching the UK one, I'll watch the UK one once the US finished up, which considering the viewing numbers won't be long I'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The US one is really growing on me with each episode, compared to where the UK one is now it's a much better show.

Clareman wrote: »
    I never caught the original, I kept on missing it and meaning to catch up on it, but I'm really enjoying the US 1 now so I don't want to ruin it by watching the UK one, I'll watch the UK one once the US finished up, which considering the viewing numbers won't be long I'd say

renewed for season 3 :D
    http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/02/01/shameless-house-of-lies-and-californication-renewed-by-showtime/

Clareman wrote: »
    Or
    Frank's

That was my first thought too! Timing doesn't add up though. That happened in winter and it's summer in the show.

Very good point well made.

Also, thanks for the link dom, 3 great shows renewed

Jake McDorman (Greek) has landed a recurring role in Season 3, he will play Fiona’s new boss, a fun, confident, charismatic and very likable everyman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tr0llface

Excited for the new season, it's been too long ~_____~

Source

Justin Chatwin aka Steve/Jimmy not back for Season 4

So Jimmy/Steve is alive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭omicron

So Jimmy/Steve is alive

Jimmy/Steve/Jack?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Season 4 was the best season so far, and US version is better than UK version even though they aren't exactly the same.

Great show, great season, nice to see Fiona go off the rails a bit, the slow burn with Ian was good, Lip getting out of his comfort zone, I could go on, shame (pun intended) that the season was so short, but at least GoT is back now to fill the void :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

When is it back on rte? It's usually around Spring time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Glebee

Just halfway through season 4 and am back in love with shameless. Brilliant television. No comparison to its UK cousin. Season 5 due in early 2015 I believe. Miss Steve / Jimmie though. He was a good character. I bet he'll be back next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Glebee wrote: »
    Just halfway through season 4 and am back in love with shameless. Brilliant television. No comparison to its UK cousin. Season 5 due in early 2015 I believe. Miss Steve / Jimmie though. He was a good character. I bet he'll be back next season.

By "no comparison" do you mean it's better than the UK one? Lots of people say the UK one is better but I still love the US one a lot more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Glebee

By "no comparison" do you mean it's better than the UK one? Lots of people say the UK one is better but I still love the US one a lot more.

USA one better in my opinion anyway. Never warmed to the UK one.

Advertisement