Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Predictions?

Options
  • 08-04-2010 12:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I need to get 400 points and only started studying today. im not in school so i've 2 months to do it. is it realistic? any predictions for:

English(H)
    Economics(H)
    Accounting(H)
    Geography(H)
    Business(H)
    Ag Science(H)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Zephyr91

I'm in a similar boat...Well, I haven't studied a lot through the year, got around 360 in the mocks, need another 100 points or so. So the other day I decided to make a list of EVERYTHING that I needed to study/revise in 6 of my subjects, and divided it all up into the next 2 months. It is easy to stick to and there's no greater pleasure than marking off something I've revised. :p It's a lot safer than predictions in my opinion. Close to the LC you can re-revise/look at again what people think is gonna come up. Anyway, that's my advice. Best of luck.

Oh and with English for poetry you should be safe with Boland and Yeats...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Zephyr91

Zephyr91 wrote: »
    I'm in a similar boat...Well, I haven't studied a lot through the year, got around 360 in the mocks, need another 100 points or so. So the other day I decided to make a list of EVERYTHING that I needed to study/revise in 6 of my subjects, and divided it all up into the next 2 months. It is easy to stick to and there's no greater pleasure than marking off something I've revised. :p It's a lot safer than predictions in my opinion. Close to the LC you can re-revise/look at again what people think is gonna come up. Anyway, that's my advice. Best of luck.

Oh and with English for poetry you should be safe with Boland and Yeats...:p

I'll give today's example.

April 8th:

French oral revision (40 mins), Irish sliochts (20 mins), Irish oral (40 mins), Bus chapter 8 (30 mins), Eng GV essay (70 mins), The Line (20 mins), The Circle (20 mins), The Waterfall (30 mins).

I've been getting up around 9 to complete my list for the day. A normal day is 5-6 hours, with lots of breaks and Boards.ie time. ;)

Advertisement