Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are Charvel guitars worth anything?

• 08-04-2010 12:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

I have a Charvel guitar, passed down from the old man.

Its probably 20 years old+, but its in amazing condition, apart from the old belt rash and what not. Has been sitting in its hardcase for years, Ive never got around to doing much with it.

Guitar itself has a genuine Floyd, Jackson active pickups, grover black hardware and a thru/set neck, im not sure which.

Any info about this guitar would be great, I know sweet FA about it...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

post a pic. Whats the model?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

I have a Charvel guitar, passed down from the old man.

Its probably 20 years old+, but its in amazing condition, apart from the old belt rash and what not. Has been sitting in its hardcase for years, Ive never got around to doing much with it.

Guitar itself has a genuine Floyd, Jackson active pickups, grover black hardware and a thru/set neck, im not sure which.

Any info about this guitar would be great, I know sweet FA about it...

http://www.charvel.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charvel

Depends on the model.. They did create some great guitars and were used by top players..

I think my brother has an old model 1 kicking about somewhere..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭stephenshields2

I couldnt tell you what model it is mate, as I said it was handed down to me!

And I have a decent knowledge of guitars, but I dont know anything about this particular company (I do of course know that Charvel is intertwined in some way with Jackson guitars! :rolleyes:)

I also have an old Kramer USA Beretta, if anyone finds them interesting!! :D

Ill throw up some pictures of the Charvel in a while, just have to locate my camera!!

Any ideas on what model it is would be greatly appreciated!!

Heres the pics!

Sorry about the crap pics, Im no photographer!! :)

PS: Can anyone tell who one of my fave guitarists is??? :eek::D

Edit: Please forgive the JOKE that is the picture of the headstock!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Demeyes

It's probably a model 5 if it has those features and it's neck thru without the sharkfin inlays. Those Charvels are lovely guitars. I've a model 4 that more or less plays itself. They aren't too expensive but they are great guitars for what they cost.

• Advertisement

Did you have a look at the pics mate?

Yeah, I can tell that it could be a nice player, but it needs some TLC at the mo!

Yeah looks like a model 5

Is Model 1 the highest spec, or Model 6?

Just different configs...

Have a look around on the web there is a lot of info about the specific models etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Demeyes

Is Model 1 the highest spec, or Model 6?
    They are all built in the same place with similar woods/pickups etc, as far as I know the only differences are the spec for each of the models. Generally though they go up in price from 1 to 6.

• Advertisement

Any ideas on how much its actually worth?

In the region of 200-400? :confused:

Any ideas on how much its actually worth?

In the region of 200-400? :confused:

Check eBay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Go to www.jcfonline.com and sign up to the forums there. They'll tell you everything you need to know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭universe777

Sweet, I was after a used one of those in Musician Inc years ago, it was dark blue, might have had a single coil in the neck. One of the staff had his eye on it and wouldnt sell it to me. Solid well made guitar, one of the higher end Charvel's.
    Check ebay for prices of sold ones but used guitars don't sell for much these days, everyone is selling too.
    If I was in the market for a guitar like that i'd pay 450-500 euro for that guitar.
    Get it setup right and cleaned and play that mofo!!

Sweet, I was after a used one of those in Musician Inc years ago, it was dark blue, might have had a single coil in the neck. One of the staff had his eye on it and wouldnt sell it to me. Solid well made guitar, one of the higher end Charvel's.
    Check ebay for prices of sold ones but used guitars don't sell for much these days, everyone is selling too.
    If I was in the market for a guitar like that i'd pay 450-500 euro for that guitar.
    Get it setup right and cleaned and play that mofo!!

I have a multitude of guitars in E and D standard tuning, so I think I'm gonna set this one up with .13-.56 strings in Drop B tuning...

Heavy Metal. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I had a black one with a kahler trem system. A beauty to play, but I grew to hate the pointed head. If jackson brought a guitar without a pointed head, I'd buy, I know they have a sig series one, m morton I think??

But anyways, the one I had a lovely thin neck. A really nice guitar, but I sold it as I never played it, and sold it for cheap too...

Advertisement