Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

David Icke

• 08-04-2010 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭

I've just started reading one of his books. It seems a bit far-fetched, all this stuff about how alien reptiles are in control of the world and stuff like that. What do you think of him?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

I've just started reading one of his books. It seems a bit far-fetched, all this stuff about how alien reptiles are in control of the world and stuff like that. What do you think of him?
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence,he has none.
    It's purely fantasy in his own mind.It's up to you whether you want to embrace such things without any further information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

A bit far-fetched? :pac: His heart is in the right place if nothing else though.. seems genuine enough

A bit far-fetched? :pac: His heart is in the right place if nothing else though.. seems genuine enough
    So was Hitler's.He did try take over the world,but had the German peoples best interests at heart.

digme wrote: »
    So was Hitler's.He did try take over the world,but had the German peoples best interests at heart.

Yeah but Icke isn't killing millions of people in the process of holding his beliefs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I think he watched too many episodes of V back in the 80's....

• Advertisement

I'm not ridiculing him at all, I think he's a great laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

Alot of these guys that have some of the more out of this world theories have had a major spiritual experience and right after realised they were destined to do what they are doing now.
    So for me he was either targeted as a celebrity(maybe cia/mi6 etc etc) back in the 80's or 90's whenever he "came out" or he genuinely had a major spiritual experience while entertaining these theories and its has glued both together in his mind to confirm for him that these things must be true.

There are parts of the brain that can be stimulated to have these experiences you only need the right material in your recent memory imo to trigger this combo.

But with all that said he is a great speaker and i appreciate all his work none the less even if it is for a shadow gov without his knowing.

He's a unique kind of guy all right.I still don't believe a word he says though. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufGVwaVpdRE

David Icke on Wogan 1991, thought wearing turquoise protected him from the evil eye or some rubbish. What an absolute LOON!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

My personal opinon is that he is an intelligent, charismatic man and a skilled communicator, and he has stood up admirably in the face of ridicule. You have to have a certain admiration for how he has come back from almost univeral disdain to having quite a large following - i would even say "cult" around him. However, I think a lot of the ridicule he gets is justified. While his heart is perhaps in the right place - in that I don't 100% believe that he is solely out to sell books, although I'm sure he's a wealthy man from it - I do think he is deluded in a lot of his beliefs and I think this stems from a nervous breakdown he had at some point, probably around the time he infamously appeared on Wogan (he says himself that he was possessed - i don't believe this, i think he had a breakdown).
    His site and his followers are fascinating to me though, and I should be clear that I certainly don't discount everything he says (although I do think substantial parts of his theories are ridiculous). Just my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

id rather listen to david icke then that muppet alex jones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Torakx wrote: »
    Alot of these guys that have some of the more out of this world theories have had a major spiritual experience and right after realised they were destined to do what they are doing now.
    So for me he was either targeted as a celebrity(maybe cia/mi6 etc etc) back in the 80's or 90's whenever he "came out" or he genuinely had a major spiritual experience while entertaining these theories and its has glued both together in his mind to confirm for him that these things must be true.

There are parts of the brain that can be stimulated to have these experiences you only need the right material in your recent memory imo to trigger this combo.

But with all that said he is a great speaker and i appreciate all his work none the less even if it is for a shadow gov without his knowing.

Drugs and alkeehol worked for Glen Beck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭TalkieWalkie

studiorat wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufGVwaVpdRE

David Icke on Wogan 1991, thought wearing turquoise protected him from the evil eye or some rubbish. What an absolute LOON!

I think he was confused at the time. Entering the world of conspiracy is enough to throw anyone off balance for a while at least. As for him being a "loon" over the tracksuit thing, well the same could be said for people who use good luck charms, rabbits feet or people who read tarot cards, tea leaves or believe their spirit guides them etc etc. Fair enough, it's your opinion but in my opinion it's a closed minded view.

David Icke was and is years ahead of his time. People laughed and ridiculed him for his views but now millions have the same views and the ones who laughed have egg on their faces. Regarding the reptilian thing, perhaps in twenty years time the reptilian thing will be common knowledge, I personally wouldn't bet on it but anything is possible.
    David seems to be highly intelligent, well informed, well traveled, has good intentions is not afraid to voice his opinions and causes no harm to anyone. To ridicule him does nobody any good.

David seems to be highly intelligent, well informed, well traveled, has good intentions is not afraid to voice his opinions and causes no harm to anyone. To ridicule him does nobody any good.

agree with most of that, but if you sell someone a lie and preoccupy them with a lie i think it's harmful, whether your intent is to harm or not. in my opinion icke is selling his followers a lie, so he's not harmless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭TalkieWalkie

RGDATA! wrote: »
    agree with most of that, but if you sell someone a lie and preoccupy them with a lie i think it's harmful, whether your intent is to harm or not. in my opinion icke is selling his followers a lie, so he's not harmless.

It's only your opinion that it's a lie. If he believes it to be true, he is not selling a lie. He is selling his belief. :)

EDIT: That said, if he is wrong then I guess it could be harmful to some.

It's only your opinion that it's a lie. If he believes it to be true, he is not selling a lie. He is selling his belief. :)

EDIT: That said, if he is wrong then I guess it could be harmful to some.

absolutely, only my opinion that it's a lie, only yours that it's harmless. edit - i don't believe everything he says is rubbish, but a lot of it is IN MY OPINION.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭GarlicBread

With regard to the reptilian thing. Many people including icke talk about this alot, but the reality is they dont got any info or evidence. Its mainly a apart of ufology that has gone mainstream.

There are only 2 references to reptilians as an alien race that are supposedly truth. Of these 2 references all other reptilian infomation has been created and its important to remember that.

(1) Disclosure Project 2001 press conference, former army Sgt Clifford Stone says publicly that 57 different alien races are known to exist. In a later interview he says that some of the races are reptilian in appearance.

(2) the lacerta files. an apparently true story of a man in rural norway who had multiple encounters with a reptilian.

Most of the reptilian stuff is nonsense, including alex coilier probably. But the lacerta files and clifford stone are worth reading up on and ill explain why.

Any who looks into these matters can clearly see that the agenda of the infomation is too spread fear, particularly towards a certain race. The lacerta files were the first and only information regarding this race. This story shows the reptilians to be non violent and says that they live deep under the ground in small cities and that they have been here longer than us. The lacerta files were around for awhile but then all of a sudden we get alex coiler, icke and the whole internet going mad over shapeshifting human flesh eating reptilians out of nowhere to the extent of mass hysteria.

My opinion is that if the disclosure project vetted clifford stone, then he very well could be telling the truth. But i think that while reptilians may exist, there is huge disinfo to make them appear to be hostile when that may not be the case. Icke has been peddling this stuff the most.

So anyway, if your serious about reptilians check out Project camelot interview with clifford stone and read up on the lacerta files, but dont bother with the rest as its mostly full of crap, lies, disinfo and people trying to sell books.

If they do exist, these two sources are what you want to look into.

I reckon the whole reptillian thing has something to do with the Pineal Gland of humans. During near-death experience, many people report seeing reptile like beings

"Several subjects also reported contact with 'other beings', alien like, insectoid or reptilian in nature, in highly advanced technological environments"

I just find it hard to believe that so many people can accept that the theory is true, almost as hard to believe as the theory itself.

Maybe it's down to some chemical imbalance in the brain or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Maybe it's down to some chemical imbalance in the brain or something

I hope you're suggesting that your difficulty in accepting others belief is a chemical imbalance in your own brain, rather than suggesting that others here may be imbalanced for holding such beliefs.

The alternative would be quite difficult to reconcile with the charter

bonkey wrote: »

I hope you're suggesting that your difficulty in accepting others belief is a chemical imbalance in your own brain, rather than suggesting that others here may be imbalanced for holding such beliefs.

The alternative would be quite difficult to reconcile with the charter

It's just an opinion on one of the points raised in the thread. Somebody already called him a loon.. they even used uppercase letters.

Nice selective filtering that you have going on there, though.. do you believe in Reptilian overlords? When have I ever insulted anyone on this forum?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

It's just an opinion on one of the points raised in the thread. Somebody already called him a loon.. they even used uppercase letters.

Yes, they did. If I were to ban everyone who made a comment which was insulting to someone, somewhere on the planet, this forum would be a graveyard.

What you did (which they didn't do) is make comments which were both generalised at groups which would include members of this forum.

That's the line that has always been drawn here, both in the old charter and the new. Don't insult other members here. Don't make generalisations which are insulting to other members here.

If you have a problem with that, take it up with me via PM. I'm not discussing this further in-thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,580 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

With regard to the reptilian thing. Many people including icke talk about this alot, but the reality is they dont got any info or evidence. Its mainly a apart of ufology that has gone mainstream.

There are only 2 references to reptilians as an alien race that are supposedly truth. Of these 2 references all other reptilian infomation has been created and its important to remember that.

(1) Disclosure Project 2001 press conference, former army Sgt Clifford Stone says publicly that 57 different alien races are known to exist. In a later interview he says that some of the races are reptilian in appearance.

(2) the lacerta files. an apparently true story of a man in rural norway who had multiple encounters with a reptilian.

Most of the reptilian stuff is nonsense, including alex coilier probably. But the lacerta files and clifford stone are worth reading up on and ill explain why.

Any who looks into these matters can clearly see that the agenda of the infomation is too spread fear, particularly towards a certain race. The lacerta files were the first and only information regarding this race. This story shows the reptilians to be non violent and says that they live deep under the ground in small cities and that they have been here longer than us. The lacerta files were around for awhile but then all of a sudden we get alex coiler, icke and the whole internet going mad over shapeshifting human flesh eating reptilians out of nowhere to the extent of mass hysteria.

My opinion is that if the disclosure project vetted clifford stone, then he very well could be telling the truth. But i think that while reptilians may exist, there is huge disinfo to make them appear to be hostile when that may not be the case. Icke has been peddling this stuff the most.

So anyway, if your serious about reptilians check out Project camelot interview with clifford stone and read up on the lacerta files, but dont bother with the rest as its mostly full of crap, lies, disinfo and people trying to sell books.

If they do exist, these two sources are what you want to look into.

The old reptilian chessnut is something that's been around as long as civilization.
    There are constant references to reptilian beings all the way through human history in all parts of the world.
    It's a huge and varied subject, not to mention extremely interesting, once you have an open mind and a bit of time to research it.
    David Icke didn't invent the reptilian idea, he just picked up on it as have a lot of other researchers.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Silvio Berlusconis house.
    berlusconisreptile.jpg

Hmmmm!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Silvio Berlusconis house.

Hmmmm!

That was discussed in another thread. As far as I know its a Milan symbol. It also appears on the Alfa Romeo symbol

alfa_romeo_logo.jpg

From Wiki:
    In 1910 a draughtsman named Romano Cattaneo was given the job of coming up with a badge for a new Milan-based company, ALFA. It is generally accepted that the badge is based on the coat of arms of the House of Visconti and the red cross on a white background of Milan[citation needed]. In the early part of the 5th century AD a serpent that devoured humans was said to be at large in the area around Milan and terrifying the local populace. It was slain by Ottoni Visconti and this heroic deed was celebrated as part of the coat of arms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Yea it's the alpha logo alright, i only posted it as a joke! I think it's probably symbolism like this that fuels the reptile theories or started them in the first place. I have to admit i like listening to icke and he does seem like a fairly nice bloke, but i think this particular theory is bonkers.

Last time i heard him he was going on about a matrix style illusion that we see that hides reality, which is a theory i find quite interesting and actually plausible in a funny kind of way, not in the aliens controlling us sense but more in the line of what we percieve to be reality is only because of the senses we have evolved, i find it quite plausible that there could well be all sorts going on around us that we just aren't equiped to percieve.

I remember reading way back about "hallucinations" caused by lsd or magic mushrooms and the sort and how certain "hallucinations" are reported by many different races and cultures all across the world and the thought struck me that maybe these drugs merely allowed us to percieve something we couldn't otherwise. If these chemicals were present in our food for example this would be how we always percieved the world, in other words it would be "reality". Interesting

Advertisement