Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payment methods for deposit at house auction

Options
  • 08-04-2010 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

hi guys hope im in the right section here, hoping some of ye can help! basically im looking to buy a house at auction in near future. i know theres a 10 per cent deposit to be paid on the day, as i dont have a checking account im just wondering how or whats the easiest method of payment on the day? my savings are in BOI, is there such a thing as a one off cheque or bank draft or???????/ im an absolute noob (emphasis on the 2 o's ) so any help would be greatly appreciated thanks guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TommyT

Ask your bank for a cheque book, or get a bank draft. As it is an auction it will be hard to know what the 10% will be.
    I take it you are gong to the auction at the end of the month in the Shelbourne?

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

no its local auction here in kilkenny mate, coming up in next few weeks! thanks for the reply mate much appreciated! the banking side of things really frustrates me

• Registered Users Posts: 78,364 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You are buying a house and don't have a cheque book. :eek:

Talk to any auctioneer, possibly the one involved, and ask what they will accept. I'm not sure if its mean to be made out to auctioneer or seller.

Be very careful with an auction, talk to your solicitor before hand and make sure you get the property checked out professionally. Its a lot harder to back out of a auction sale than other sales.

Advertisement