Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

safest and best place to sell an old phone on line?

Options
  • 08-04-2010 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

hi all,
    ive seen loads of adverts to get money for old mobile phones. are they scams or are they legit? i have recently upgraded my phone and would like to get a few bob back on the old one.
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Why not try boards.ie's sister site www.adverts.ie ?

If you are posting here means you will already have an account and all you have to do is post the ad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

I wouldn't necessarily say they're scams, but they don't give you a lot for your phone. Nothing like the €100 that they suggest on the adverts. There are so many schools and companies collecting old mobile phones for charity it may be best to give it to them. I know the Esso 911 store beside me was giving a free cup of coffee & donut to anyone who donated a mobile phone ot them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

They are worth feck all. Give them to charity. There are collection boxes all over the place and in most companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Mobiles & PDAs

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

They are worth feck all. Give them to charity. There are collection boxes all over the place and in most companies.

I get a €75 offer for my Tocco Ultra on a few of the sites - feck all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

I buy and sell all my phones on ebay. If you don't already have an account with them you should buy a few small thing first to build up your feedback score before you start selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,536 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

what do these companies do with the old mobiles?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

The store Gamestop are looking for old phones. You trade them in and get store credit for computer games and stuff. So maybe if you have any birthdays coming up and you could put it towards a game or 2. Or what about cash converters. I think they give pretty good rates on traded items

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

yabadabado wrote: »
    what do these companies do with the old mobiles?

Scrap them, re-use parts, or refurb them and sell them on again. A lot go out to less well off parts of the world

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 SchweppesUTD

I give alot of my spare phones away to charity. I like to give something back, even if it it something small.

Advertisement